Shivering talk:Una Armina
- One slight problem with your theory: "armina" does not mean "arm" in italian. The italian for "arm" is "braccio". "Un braccio" doesn't look too similar to "una armina" to me. --NepheleTalk 12:21, 3 May 2007 (EDT)
- Only reference I could find was that "Armina" is a very uncommon Italian name, a feminized version of "Armand" or "Herman". Its origin is actually Germanic, and the meaning is "soldier". (Same root as "army") Now, the Gate Keeper could be considered to be a soldier, but then you have to assume that this is a trilingual pun, which may be just a bit much of a stretch... --TheRealLurlock Talk 15:47, 3 May 2007 (EDT)
(moved from the article:)
- Una is unusual in that she has a ghostly tail, which can be seen whenever a "Detect Life" spell is used in her presence.
I went to check this and it is indeed true. Problem is, I'm not sure if it is worth mentioning at all - I have never noticed it on other NPCs but if Una is unique with her "tail" it might be worth a notice. Still, until we have come up with an explanation, I think the note belongs here. --Krusty 06:06, 4 May 2010 (UTC)
- I know the answer. She is using skeleton mesh dedicated for beast-folks, instead of normal one. :) - ZuTheSkunk 10:12, 17 June 2010 (UTC)
Remembering previous Eras?
That part about remembering previous Greymarches is nonsense for me, since it means she remember previous Eras - which means she must be at least few thousands years old. Can someone explain it to me? - ZuTheSkunk 10:09, 17 June 2010 (UTC)
- I just read through all the dialogue written for her and I think you are right. The only time she mentions the Greymarch is in a rumor related to the main quest; Of course the Fringe was destroyed. This is how the Greymarch always begins, you know. This rumor is already included on the page, but she definitely doesn't remember the last Greymarch. I'll remove the guesswork from her page. --Krusty 10:56, 17 June 2010 (UTC)
AI and "demented" personality
Just two new things that came to my mind and may be worth of note in article. First, she seems to almost never sleep - her AI allows her to sleep two times per day, but only for... one hour. Second, she doesn't seem to be much demented for citizen of Crucible - she's wearing colorful clothing, she's rather happy and nice for most of the time, and practically the only situation when she shows a bit of her demented personality is when she presents the Din's Ashes in the tour, saying "He was driven mad and killed himself, a truly demented act". What do you think? - ZuTheSkunk 05:34, 20 June 2010 (UTC)
- Oh, and just another thing. How it's possible that she knows about Sheogorath's/Jyggalag's secret, according to her dialogue? - ZuTheSkunk 05:38, 20 June 2010 (UTC)
I figured I would put the rest of Una's reactions to the Oddities here, just in case we ever need them:
All oddities have three replies, numbered 1 to 3. Follows a description of each condition:
- Doesn't have the oddity in the museum - accepts it
- Used to have the oddity, then player took it - doesn't accept it again, same one or another
- Already has one in the museum - doesn't accept it
[Offer Blind Watcher's Eye]
- Ah! How deliciously odd! I've never seen a Blind Watcher's Eye before. It will have a place of honor in the Museum.
- I could swear I once had a Blind Watcher's Eye just like that.... I would like to replace it, but the funds just aren't available.
- Oh... I already have something in the Museum very similar. But don't give up, I'm sure something truly Odd will turn up soon.
[Offer Deformed Swamp Tentacle]
- Wonderful! Looking at the tentacle, I'm not sure whether to be disgusted or terrified. Just the kind of thing I'm looking for!
- Interesting... it looks vaguely familiar, like I once had one of these on display. I only wish I had the funds to buy it off you...
- Too bad... I already have a deformed Swamp Tentacle. But next time I'm sure you'll find something truly Odd, don't worry.
[Offer Sheogorath-shaped Amber]
- Well, if it doesn't look just like you! So lifelike! My patrons are going to absolutely adore this. [If you are Sheogorath]
- If it isn't the spitting image of Lord Sheogorath himself! So lifelike you can almost see his bad eye twitching! Perfect!
- This looks just like the one I have... well, had in the Museum. It seems to have been misplaced. I wish I had the funds to buy it off you...
- What a shame. One Sheogorath-shaped amber lump is Odd; two are simply boring. Maybe next time you'll find something really Odd.
[Offer Pelvis of Pelagius]
- That's amazing! The pelvis of Pelagius III! An honored madman if there ever was one!
- But... I already have... or had.... How odd. It seems to be missing. I'm sorry I don't have the funds to purchase it from you. Again.
- Another Pelvis of Pelagius? I don't think that's possible, honestly. It must be a fake.
[Offer Din's Ashes]
- This is ! The ashes of a famous madman are perfect for my Museum!
- Really? But I already have Din's Ashes. I'm afraid someone must have taken advantage of your gullibility.
- Where did you find that? I was sure I once had Din's Ashes on display here... I wish I had the funds to replace them, they were very popular....
[Offer Two-Headed Septim]
- Two Tibers are always better than one, I always say! We'll take good care of him here in the Museum, don't you worry.
- I already have one of... wait a moment, no, that's the one I can't find now. If only I had the money to buy it off you....
- That's too bad. I already have one of those. Can't very well have two in a Museum of Oddities, now can we?
[Offer "Soul Tomato"]
- Oh my, that is Odd! I've never even heard of such a thing before. We'll find a nice place for it here in the Museum.
- That looks just like one I used to have. Or maybe I saw it in a book... in any case, I wish I could afford to buy it from you, but....
- You wouldn't think there would be two of those in the world, now would you? Sorry. Keep looking and I'm sure something truly Odd will turn up.
[Offer Mixing Bowl]
- Hmm. A bowl that you mix potions in. Doesn't seem all that Odd to me... well, I can see you're trying, so I'll find somewhere to put it.
- Seems like I've seen one of those before. But I guess it is Odd enough for the Museum... but I certainly can't justify buying it from you.
- We already have one of those, I'm afraid. It wasn't all that Odd to begin with, honestly. We certainly can't have two.
[Offer Hound's Tooth Key]
- What a perfect little Oddity! Just strange enough that it makes you go "Hmm?" but not so strange as to become a Miracle or an Omen. Thank you!
- What luck! I seem to have misplaced the one I used to have on display. I really can't afford to buy it from you though.
- Honestly, I'd never seen one before until recently, and now to have two turn up! That's Odd in itself, isn't it? But I really can't use it, sorry.
[Offer Dagger of Friendship]
- Well isn't that just the Oddest thing! A dagger that heals people. Who would make such a thing, and why? I absolutely adore it!
- Oh, yes, I have one of those... no, that's the one that I misplaced the other day. I'd really like to replace it, but funds are so tight...
- That's so strange. I got one of those just the other day. Sorry. Maybe you can start your own collection of oddities, hmm?
[Offer Ring of Disrobing]
- Oh, my. How wonderful! A ring that removes people's clothing! This will be one of my most popular exhibits, I'm sure.
- That's just like one that's gone missing from my Museum. If only I had the funds to replace it.
- I'm so sorry. I already have a Ring of Disrobing. There's really no place in a Museum of Oddities for duplicates, as I'm sure you can understand.
[Offer Mute Screaming Maw]
- Oh, how cute! Look how it tries and tries to scream but no sound comes out! This is perfect for my museum!
- I've been looking for one of those to replace the one I used to have on display. At least I think I did. I truly wish I could afford to buy it...
- Oh. Another Mute Screaming Maw. I already have one of those on exhibit.
Full Tour Dialogue
Not too sure of how to include it, so I'll stick it here :)
- "Here you see the Blind Watcher's Eye. A most unusual specimen collected at great peril by... some intrepid adventurer!"
- "Here in this case is a disgustingly deformed Swamp Tentacle. Such a freak of nature has never been seen before, and hopefully not since either!"
- "This right here is one of my favorites. A lump of amber in the shape of your head, my Lord! A very popular item, too, if I may be so bold." (Player = Sheogorath)
- "This right here is one of my favorites. A lump of amber in the shape of Lord Sheogorath's head! The wonders of nature never cease to amaze."
- "Over here is the Pelvis of Pelagius, the greatest Emperor that Tamriel has ever seen, as well as being completely mad."
- "Here we have the mortal remains of a fellow named Din, who as I understand was driven mad and killed himself, a truly Demented act."
- "This is a lovely little Oddity -- a two-headed Septim! Take your time, there's no rush."
- "Here's something truly Odd -- a Soul Tomato! A tomato that can act like a soul gem! No one has yet been able to explain it."
- "This one is perhaps more unusual than truly Odd, but some people enjoy it. Truth be told, I only display it as a favor to the donor."
- "A lovely little Oddity -- a key made from a Hound's Tooth. And no one even knows what it opens, imagine that! Shall we move on?"
- "Look closely and you'll see a tiny skull. These pygmys used to live in the Shivering Isles until they were all eaten by Grummites, poor dears!"
- "Here's a real Oddity for you -- an arm of one of the Gatekeepers! This one was killed by... oh, I forget now. A lovely specimen in any case."
- "Up here is a little beauty. The Ring of Desiccation. Walk on water and breathe underwater at the same time. Odd, if you think about it for a minute."
- "I hope you've enjoyed the tour! Feel free to stay and browse for as long as you like."