Shivering talk:Glitches/Archive 1
|This is an archive of past Shivering talk:Glitches discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page, except for maintenance such as updating links.|
- 1 Missing Sheogorath?
- 2 cant go to jail
- 3 Removed entries
- 4 What I just did
- 5 Protection
- 6 Gatekeeper won't fight/kill the adventurers
- 7 Get out of the map in Palace of Dementia
- 8 Mesh duplication bug is real
- 9 Update
- 10 Sheogorath is Missing
- 11 I HAVE NO GREETING
- 12 Added 2 sections
- 13 Shivering Isles won't delete!!
- 14 Sitting down glitch
- 15 Golden Saint I HAVE NO GREETING
- 16 Cannot start "The Great Divide" quest
- 17 Staff of Sheogorath Face Freeze
- 18 A fairly serious glitch
- 19 Following Knight
- 20 Defending the Fringe Glitch?
- 21 No shadow double
- 22 Chair Glitch
- 23 Syl's dissapered!!
- 24 Missing Name Glitch
- 25 Problem Saving With PS3 Expansion?
- 26 Incomplete Rumor
- 27 Permanent Summons
- 28 Animation Bug
- 29 Ghostly Arrows
- 30 XBox 360, leaving with with Jayred Ice-Veins
- 31 Escaping Crucible
- 32 Saints and Seducers fear vampires.
- 33 The Museum of Oddities
- 34 Skinned Hound
- 35 Seducer eye vanishing
- 36 droping items in hand with Shegorath's Protection
- 37 Shivering Isles & Arrow dupplication glitch
- 38 Missing Name item
- 39 Glowing Glitches
- 40 All the Gatekeeper's Powers
- 41 Anya Herrick outside first Shivering Isle Gate.
- 42 Dead Guards Glitch
- 43 Save problems PS3
- 44 Freezes when trying to get inside the House of Dementia (360)
- 45 -no name- Item Mystery Solved?
- 46 shivering citezens talk glitch
- 47 Cannot install the expansion
- 48 Walk Through Wall
- 49 Dreamwalk Camp disappearing
- 50 haskil wont stop healing
- 51 starting out and walking thru jail cell door
- 52 felldew lvling glitch
- 53 PC No Gatekeeper
- 54 Sheogorath protection out of map glitch
- 55 enemies near glitch
- 56 Only Rumors(Xbox 360)
anyone else haveing a problem with sheogorath not being where the green arrow says he is after finishing the fringe quest? i tried redoing the quest from an earlier save point and still have this problem and of course his handyman is there but when you ask him anything about sheogorath he only states who he is and not where. madness — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) on 5 April 2007
- When your sneaking hits above 64.5 (yes, not full point, but in the middle) when entering shops, vendors start running to you and follow every step you do. First i though its normal as they detect high sneaking and dont want you to steal anything, but later i recalled i played thief before and didn't have this. After lots of testing I found that this only happens when you have SI installed. And you actually need to level sneaking natural way, "advskill sneak" doesn't trigger this (maybe if you advskill to 64, and then level naturally it would work, didn't tried though). Anyone can confirm this? Is it meant to be this way? — Unsigned comment by Havner (talk • contribs) on 6 April 2007
- The problem with vendors running after the player seemed to be somewhat connected with FormID reference bug. Anyway it was fixed in 1.2. Havner 17:23, 15 January 2008 (EST)
cant go to jail
Once you become Lord Segoreth (sorry about spelling) when you get in trouble they dont take you to jail they just take you to a safe place and you have to pay the fine later!! I really dont think this is a glitch but it really makes me mad cuz im poor so im gonna kill all the gaurds then whose gonna make me pay the fine hahaha!!!! >:)
--Awsomo4000 23:39, 9 April 2007 (EDT)Awsomo4000
I added headers to all the glitches to match other Glitches pages. Also, I removed 3 entries:
- If you use the console command "cow" (Center On World) to travel between Tamriel and the Shivering Isles, the first NPC you speak to will have the "I HAVE NO GREETING!" greeting and no dialogue, permanently. So don't use cow!
- If using the TCL code to get into the tree where you fight your doppleganger, the stone will not activate and the quest will not continue.
Glitches that occur because you used console commands are not glitches. There's any number of things that can go wrong when you misuse the console.
- See Oblivion:Glitches#Duplicate Items Using Scrolls for a duplication glitch that can be used even after installing the version 1.2 patch required by Shivering Isles.
Glitches not specific to Shivering Isles don't need to be listed on this page. Obviously, many of the glitches mentioned on Oblivion:Glitches will apply to Shivering Isles as well. --TheRealLurlock Talk 09:41, 17 April 2007 (EDT)
What I just did
- Removed the glitch stating that installing SI bestows Stunted Magicka upon the player. Coincidence, not cause. - Fixed a few spelling mistakes. - Added the "Sheogorath's Protection Glitch". --Kurai-sama 11:38, 27 April 2007 (GMT +3)
Whenever i protect and die, just as the healer casts the spell my game crashes to the desktop. Anyone else having this problem? - Lordsword 8 15:05, 12 May 2007 (EDT)
Gatekeeper won't fight/kill the adventurers
This is an odd error. I can't find any reference to it anywhere on the Internet, including this site. Here's how it happens: I enter Shivering Isles, go to the Passfall, discuss the Gatekeeper and then go to watch him finish off the adventurers. Instead, here's what happens: the adventurers just all stand around, and do nothing. They don't attack the Gatekeeper. When I click on all of them to talk, I get the "I have nothing to say" error. The leader just says, don't talk to me now - I'm too busy. But they NEVER fight. They just sit around and look at each other. And none of the other triggers happen either. The bone reaper guy dialogue never fires, giving me the chance to harvest bones to kill the Gatekeeper, etc. This one is frustrating!!! HELP! — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on 19 May 2007
- I got the same glitch. I ignored the adventurers for now and just killed the gatekeeper myself. I turned the difficulty down to easiest and hit him repeatedly with a flame sword just to see if he could be killed. That brought him down fairly quick. I was able to get the keys and was able to go through the gates into the realm. The people of Passfall still think the adventurers are about to get killed though and it's as if the Gatekeeper hasn't died at all in their conversation topics. I won't know the repercussions of my actions until I have to come back and build my own Gatekeeper by talking to the old Gatekeeper's creator who lives in Passfall. All the other characters in the town are non-essential. I hope I'm not screwed. I am also going to try and kill the 4 adventurers, then talk with their leader, and kill him too, to see what happens. --Mattgyver 12:42, 14 June 2007 (EDT)
- Found the cause: leaving the Isles through the portal to Cyrodiil before the battle, levelling up at least once and then coming back. The Gatekeeper's replaced with a new one matched to new player level, but the script is stil referencing the old one. Now fixed by the Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch. -- Kivan 23:25, 28 December 2007 (EST)
- Same glitch here on the PS3. Easily sorted though. I tried to wait an hour (like the guy on the 360) and skipping to the 'bone reaper' but neither of those ideas worked for me. I thought about trying to knock-out the leader but that didn't work, so when I moved onto the 'adventurers' and killed just one, the rest all dropped to the floor dead, and it let me continue with the quest. Although it meant I now had a bounty on my head for murder and assault. Again note that this was with a PS3.
- Just putting this out there but did any of you think to use Chameleon spells or potions? If you have your "Chameleon" total (Even while using multiple spells or potions and stacking them) as long as you have a total of 100 or over you can hit or kill anyone without getting a bounty. Bare minimum sometimes the enemies will run away which might trigger the Gate Keeper by itself.
- PC player, stuck on the same issue. Was using Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul. I removed it, but did not seem to make a difference. I tried the same solution as above - I killed one of the Adventurers. Irritating solution, but it worked, and was quite easy. I also have a bounty on my head. — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk)
- I encountered this glitch, but I found an extremely simple fix at least for me. The adventurers were just standing there and I went and clicked on the door to mania and then the adventurers starting attacking again. Oh and the cause cannot be from leaving because I never left. — Unsigned comment by Just2Pro (talk • contribs) at 06:03 on 11 July 2010
Get out of the map in Palace of Dementia
When I was doing the quest where you have to kill Syl and take her heart, I found a massive glitch. After I found Syl's double dead, and I got the quest update saying I had to follow her down the secret passage in the garden. When I left the room, I was attacked by a few dark seducers. During the fight, I jumped off one of the rocks in the garden, and got stuck in between one of the statues on the wall, and the wall itself. I tried moving around and jumping but I was stuck. At first I was mad because I didn't feel like loading my game. And right when I was about to, I found that I could move again. Only when I moved backwards, I fell through the wall and found a random area outside the garden. There was a big grassy hill, and when I jumped off it, I fell through the floor and into a huge ocean. I looked down under the water, and I thought the bottom looked like grass, instead of the normal sandy, rocky ocean bottom that is usually in the game. When I went under the water, the screen didn't turn blue to match the color of the water, and when I swam to the bottom, my character stopped swimming, landed on his feet, and I could run on the grass at the bottom. After that, im convinced it is just a never ending plain of grass. Then, I found that if you jump, your character starts to swim again, and I made my way back to the top and went back through the wall. Then, i made a seperate save game, because I was sure that when I turned my xbox off, it would go back to normal. But when I re started my xbox and loaded the save, the glitch was still there, same as it was. And it still is there even after the recent patch. I'm guessing that this is just a glitch that occured only with my game, but I wasn't sure if other people may have had the same thing happen to them. If I get around to it, I will definitely make a video of this and post a link to it. It sounds almost too ridiculous to believe, and in all my elder scrolls experience, i've never heard of something this ridiculous. — Unsigned comment by Bacdednosm (talk • contribs) on 23 May 2007
- ive also seen this bug but when i did it i just kept running on the infinite plain of grass when i found a bunch of holes which when i jumped through led to thousands of feet above the shivering isles this left me very confused and dead — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 23 May 2007
- Hey, I finally got a capture card and I made a video of that glitch. It can be found here:
Mesh duplication bug is real
- It should have been automatically downloaded the first time you time you played Oblivion/SI after the patch was released. When you turned on your Xbox there should have been a notice about a new update being available for the game, and do you want to download it now. See the patch page for details on figuring out whether or not you've already installed the patch. --NepheleTalk 17:52, 5 June 2007 (EDT)
- I'm using another computer. But to answer your question I never received a notice when I started up. And now for some reason I have Dawnfang Superior AND Duskfang Superior. TWO SEPERATE SWORDS! 184.108.40.206
About this patch, I don't have xbox live, but I do have the original game with no add-ons, and I am planning to get the disk with the expansions that is coming out soon. Did Bethesda fix this glitch for the newer versions, or am I screwed for eternity? — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) on 14 September 2007
- The Shivering Isles retail disk and the GOTY edition both come with the latest patch. --NepheleTalk 01:19, 20 September 2007 (EDT)
Sheogorath is Missing
After fighting at The Fringe I was told to go to Sheogorath, the only problem is that he isn't there! A green marker shows where he should be. I've loaded from an earlier game that hadn't started the fringe quest and it still happened. I closed out of the game and came back and it still happened. If anyone knows the journal ID to begin the Rebuilding the Gatekeeper quest, please pass it on. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) on 14 June 2007
- Ok, I found that if you load a game from before Retaking the fringe and complete another quest first, the glitch fixed itself. I got the begenning of the quest, and instead did quests in Bliss and Crucible. — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on 15 June 2007
I HAVE NO GREETING
I read over the noted occurrences of this bug on the site so far, and realized I've experienced an occurrence that doesn't seem to have been listed yet. While I was in the Howling Halls, I one-shot-killed Ciirta from stealth (on a character who's been in the Dark Brotherhood for some time) and dispatched Ra'kheran and the fellow who followed Ciirta around (can't recall his name). After that, the two NPCs who were with Ra'kheran (apparently part of the assassination plot, but they simply stood around while the fight was going on - they didn't attack Ra'kheran, the other fellow, or me, and Ciirta was dead) both produced the I HAVE NO GREETING bug. At the time, I chuckled and ignored it, having been on the inside of a development house and assuming it was simply a forgotten/unfinished aspect of the quest. Now I wish I'd recorded the incident more carefully. --Kementari 03:13, 4 July 2007 (EDT)
Added 2 sections
I've added the sections on the Felldew glitch, where the Elytra do not drop felldew as they should, and the section on how, after the shivering MQ, when you are Sheogorath, you cannot get rid of your bounty if it is at or above 5,000 gold. I would like these sections to be revised for wording/information, accuracy, confirmation, etc at the lesiure of any readers. I don't believe they should be deleted, as the Felldew glitch is a game-ending one; you cannot progress farther through the MQ if you encounter it, and the Sheogorath one can become a severe annoyance to players, almost as much as having the unremovable death warrant on your head with the [High] Ordinators in Morrowind for wearing their armour. 126.96.36.199 18:15, 7 July 2007 (EDT)
Shivering Isles won't delete!!
I tried deleting the Shivering Isles files from the Oblivion directory, and when I checked in my savefile, the quest to check out the island is still there, as well as the "Shivering Isles bounty" line in my information page. Help, somebody! --Jojje 03:31, 8 July 2007 (EDT)
- Unlike the other downloadable contents, the Shivering Isles installer replaces your Oblivion.esm file when it installs, so the only way to get rid of it is to completely reinstall Oblivion from the original disks. Simply deleting the Shivering Isles folder will not help, and may in fact screw things up instead. --TheRealLurlock Talk 17:14, 8 July 2007 (EDT)
- Yeah, I noticed that and it ticked me off. I'm installing as I type this. Thanks. --Jojje 03:31, 9 July 2007 (EDT)
Sitting down glitch
After downloading Shivering Isles, whenever I try to sit down (on any chair in the entire game, Oblivion and Shivering Isles), the camera switches to 3rd person but all my character does is stand next to the chair. The game freezes; I can't move or get out of it, but can still go to the menus. This is a real pain, especially when I have to "sit down" to get into the realm. What can I do to stop it? Does this happen to anyone else? — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 18 July 2007
- This sounds like a glitch that is actually caused by the finale of the quest Oblivion:Umaril the Unfeathered (quest); see that page's notes section. Any chance that's the cause of your glitch? If that's the case, this glitch is not related to Shivering Isles and doesn't need any descriptions in addition to the existing one. --NepheleTalk 00:13, 18 July 2007 (EDT)
Golden Saint I HAVE NO GREETING
I was the duke of dementia, and did the helpless army quest for the golden saints. During the quest inside Brellach you will meet a golden saint who will follow you everywhere (considering he stays alive). I didnt notice untile i was at my house. He acually followed me all the way from the Shivering isles to Cyrodill, and when i talked to him, he says "I HAVE NO GREETING." I went back into the isles and lost him later. — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) on 9 August 2007
Cannot start "The Great Divide" quest
Staff of Sheogorath Face Freeze
When I use the staff of Sheogorath the NPC's freeze as they should but when they are released their faces are stuck in the same position as they were when they froze and do not move eyes closed/open, mouth shape etc..., this produced quite an amusing effect on one of the guards, it has persisted across two installs so I'm presuming it's not just me but thought I would check here to see if anyone else gets it first. --Cam 08:08, 8 September 2007 (EDT)
A fairly serious glitch
I went back to playing SI the other day on a different game. I entered the isles with a level 31 character and once I got into New Sheoth I completed the Final Resting quest. After completing the quest I got the ring of Happiness, but I realized that the ring I had was the lvl 1 equivalent of the ring (I was at lvl 31 at the time!). I then started the A Better Mousetrap quest and completed it. I received the talisman of abetment as the reward, but as I checked its effects I realized that this also was the lvl 1 equivalent of the amulet. Does anybody know if this glitch can be fixed? For all I know every leveled item in the isles could have level 1 effects!--Willyhead 14:27, 14 October 2007 (EDT)
- Try the Console? I've not had that one myself. I first went in to SI with a level 10 and definitely got all the correctly-leveled stuff; then a level 52 character and got all the highest level items. I'm just playing as a level 7. No problems so far. Do you have any mods installed? --Rpeh•T•C•E• 14:36, 14 October 2007 (EDT)
- I'm not sure about the amulet, but the ring is bugged like that.
um...when did you install the SI pulg-in cause if you had it installed when you started the game then all of the leveled rewards will be the level one rewards.
After getting arrested in Cheydinhal, serving my jailtime, and being released Ifound that a Knight of Order waiting for me. It wasn't a normal Knight either, it had the voice of Sheogorath and a Lvl 1 sword even though I was at Lvl 15! Does anyone have an answer to this? — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) on 27 October 2007
Samething happened to me in chorrol, the knight was waiting for me and so were the two survivors of the first fighters guild mission, the knight took quite a bit of punishment from them and a near by guard before falling, i didnt get to see if it was a friendly knight with sheogoraths voice because of the fighting and i couldnt find the sword afterward so i dont know what level it was. this should be added as a glitch
Defending the Fringe Glitch?
I have the GOTY edition for PS3 and ran into an odd glitch after deactivating the obelisk. When approaching the exit of the obelisk room to escape (it's a grummite membrane type door) I would simply fall through the floor (as would knights of the order who were near me) fall through space with the dungeon visible above me then drop in from the ceiling over and over, which stopped me from reaching the door. I reloaded from the last save and it was fine. Don't know if this was a one time thing or if other folks ran into this. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) on 1 November 2007
No shadow double
When getting a branch from the tree of shades no shadow double appears to fight. No one else seems to have this problem and i haven't encountered any other glitches besides this one. — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on 4 November 2007
I have just downloaded SI for my PS3 and have encounterd a problem. After entering the door on Niben Bay, you are asked to sit. However after I hit the x button to sit, my charachter countines to stand and is frozen in place. I can still move my camera around and look at my map, but i still can not move. If I am facing him when I hit X,the game lets me talk to him, but afterwards I still can not move. In desperate need for a solution. — Unsigned comment by Oblivion1 (talk • contribs) on 7 December 2007
When doing the quest ritual of accesion, i get all the way to the room where Syl should be but shes not there. Is there any way this can be sorted out?? — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) on 16 December 2007
- I've come across the same thing when I got to the final room, I slayed the two guards... but no Syl. I happened to have detect life (constant effect) and I notice that someone is running around somewhere beyond the door that is block by debris. I'm not sure if there is something I have to do, or if this is a glitch. I assume that it's Syl running around out there, but I don't see a way to get to her. I'm going to try to load a previous save. ... I've tried to load a previous save, but everytime I go into the depths of the dungeon she is already outside the boundaries of that 'dining room' looking area. There is a door on the far wall, but it's blocked by debris that can't be moved. HELP!! — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 6 March 2009
- This is explained in the quest page. An apple a day keeps the doctor away. But if the doctor's cute, screw the fruit 06:45, 16 February 2010 (UTC)
Missing Name Glitch
I have the 360 version with Shivering Isles installed and I found the item that says "Missing Name" with the green rectangle, except I found it in Cyrodil...I pickpocketed it from one of the mages in the Bravil Mages Guild. I carried it around a bit, then decided I no longer wanted it and went to drop it. But, when I dropped it, it immediately came up and said the disc was unreadable and that I needed to clean it and try again, and then it exited back to the dashboard. Don't know if this was a coincidence or not - just wanted to give a heads up. — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) on 20 January 2008
- It has nothing to do with SI. It was probably Delphine_Jend's "PonderItem". On her page there is descpription of the issue you described. Just that probably on 360 displaying of exclamation marks when the mesh is missing is disabled hence the crash.Havner 00:10, 20 January 2008 (EST)
Problem Saving With PS3 Expansion?
I have the PS3 expansion (not GOTY) and have found that after some hours of play every time I try to save (or autosave if it is turned on) the game hangs. Play time before the problem occurs seems to depend on what level character I take into SI. I have updated to PS3 2.1 SW and unstalled and reinstalled ES-IV and SI three times. Play time dependency seems to mirror FormID type behavior, however I don't see any of the other symptoms (can still get armor made, dropped items remain, etc). A few things to add: the game hangs while in SI (trying now to see if it will also hang while trying to save in cyrodiil) and it hangs while trying to display the list of previously saved games. — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) on 26 January 2008
The rumor text says "If at Sickly Bernice's Taphouse you wish to drink, take a moment to stop and think."
I've noticed that whenever a summoned Flesh Atronach, Saint or Seducer goes through a door(one leading to another area) when attacking something, that the summoning timer disappears, the monster loses your name and stays indefinitely WAY past when it should disappear. Someone should see if this is duplicable or unique. It could be fun to populate Rosethorn Manor with some Daedric Saint guards..Morgoth 17:27, 14 April 2008
What'll happen if I continue to play Oblivion under the effect of the Animation Bug aka Abomb? Does every door in the game stop to open/close? Will the game crash after a certain playtime?No-Name 01:05, 24 July 2008 (EDT)
It is not advised, as spell animations, trap animations, and doors will not move. The animations stick, making some quests, such as the main quest, impossible to complete. The bug can crash your game depending on where you are when it hits.
For Xbox version
While doing the Vitharn quest, I was able to obtain a ghostly arrow fired off by one of the ghostly soldiers, that missed it's target.
It is a pale off blue color and it is called Steel Arrow, I believe it to be simply a steel arrow of different color. However, from where and how I obtained the arrow, and due to it's unique colouring I refer to it as ghost arrow, I have since copied it using glitches and have much fun making ghost noises with my mouth to much of the annoyance of my roomates and firing them off in a ghostly manner. Indeed spooky? — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) on 29 July 2008
Actually the arrows only say steel they are iron sorry to say but they are only worth keepin for the fact that they are secret
XBox 360, leaving with with Jayred Ice-Veins
So I left the Shivering Isles with Jayred and now he is unable to enter through the gate. Is there another way to kill the Gatekeeper without him or am I just screwed? Is it possible to reinstall Shivering Isles and start over? -Joshua — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on 14 August 2008
- You can kill the Gatekeeper by any means you wish - Jayred isn't necessary. It's interesting that he could follow you out but not back in though. Dunno about reinstalling XBox stuff either, I'm afraid. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 14:55, 14 August 2008 (EDT)
I was just wandering if anybody realized that you can jump out of Crucible by leaping from one of the Northern most roofs on the map. I was doing the Paranoid roof watcher quest when I decided to take a leap of faith towards the northern most wall. I made it with my acrobatics at 108. Now I'm outside of New Sheoth on invisible ground and am able to explore the majority of The Isles. The strangest part of this is that as I am following the path on the map I can see a badly rendered version of the map below the transparent ground I am on. Also, I am still able to "find" locations that I have not come acoss yet although I cannot see them and have no way of entering them.
I happened to be looking at the glitches page when this happened so I decided to leave on the talk page. Anyone else done this?126.96.36.199 23:16, 24 August 2008 (EDT)
- This is not specific to the Shivering Isles or Crucible. It's a game mechanic that cities exist in different worlds (worldspaces) and therefore you need to activate a door to travel to another worldspace. In theory it is possible to leave every worldspace in this way, but with some it is easier to do than with others. --Timenn < talk > 05:34, 25 August 2008 (EDT)
Or you could just fast travel I've been stuck in "World Space" before and if you fast travel it fixes itself, at least it always has for me.
Saints and Seducers fear vampires.
This is similar, but different from the "I HAVE NO GREETING!" glitch.
If you are a 100% vampire and talk to a Saint/ Seducer guard, they'll give the routine "Get away from me vampire" speech, but they won't say a word to you. Also, the dialouge lasts for about 3 seconds, definitely not long enough for them to actually say all that. — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 28 August 2008
The Museum of Oddities
- I moved this from the main article. It's badly worded and difficult to understand. --GuildKnightTalk2me 20:26, 14 September 2008 (EDT)
If you enter The Museum of Oddities in Shivering Isles as a Khajiit and Ushnar gro-Shadborgob and his dog are in there as well and you kill him and his dog if you enter the Museum after a couple of days the dog will be alive again and it will attack you. This also some times makes the Museum lady run outside and turn invisible and you will not be able to find her. Look near the door and her name will pop up talk to her and she will go back inside. — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) on 14 September 2008
The page currently says the Hound will not follow you back into the Shivering Isles, but this is untrue. If you wait long enough and/or fast travel the Hound will eventually appear. Should this be removed? Dr. Kilereren 17:31, 1 October 2008 (EDT)
- Yes, if you have verified that the information on the page is incorrect, by all means correct it! ;) It's always a good idea to leave a talk page comment and note in your edit summary the reason for the deletion of text. --GuildKnightTalk2me 19:46, 1 October 2008 (EDT)
Seducer eye vanishing
I looked in the history of Oblivion:Glitches to find someone had deleted a glitch about "Golden Saints eyes disappear". The person who deleted it had said it belonged in Shivering:Glitches and not there, and also claimed it was a one-off.
But today, I finished the SI questline and went to help the Seducers with an attack. After I had finished the battle, the Seducer's eyes had vanished, and their faces wouldn't move any more when they spoke. I fast-travelled to the Palace to see if this was the same for every guard, but they were fine. Still, I'd like to say about this somewhere on the page (Note: The Staff of Sheogorath may be the root of the problem, this happened after I used the Staff of Sheogorath on the Seducers. Someone else said something about their faces freezing on this page too). Zander 00:18, 9 October 2008 (EDT)
droping items in hand with Shegorath's Protection
i'm not quite sure about this as its only happend once
i used shegoraths protection while falling down the shaft in Ebrocca but when i traviled to the plalace my wepon (duskfang/dawnfang i cant remember) and the torchi was carring got taken out of my hand but the pose remanded.
when i went back to the spot the torch and sword were on the ground and the torch alit
i can't say whether this glitch affects when falling from a great hight or anything else as i am using Xbox (Warmanivan 10:30, 11 October 2008 (EDT))
Shivering Isles & Arrow dupplication glitch
Does the installation of SI includes the installation by default of the correcting patch Version 1.2.0416 which corrects the arrow dupplication glitch (and eventually all the other funny glitches; paint brush stairs, duplication with scrolls,arena win, permanent bound items, ...)? — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) on 30 October 2008
- The arrow duplication is fixed, but not the others you mentioned. So you can still use Scrolls to duplicate instead — Unsigned comment by Lucky the Cat Guy (talk • contribs) on 28 December 2008
Actually it does remove the paintbrushes i had it happen (Sdharly 20:22, 30 December 2009 (UTC))
Missing Name item
I found one of thease items on the girl in the blue dress at the Leyawin mages guild after I killed her. Does it randomly drop off people or does it drop off certain people? — Unsigned comment by Lucky the Cat Guy (talk • contribs) on 28 December 2008
- (Moved here from main article)
I must say, I have Completed Everything in Oblivion Main Quest, Side Quest, and All Guilds! Plus, also the Knights of Nine. Well I was on a certain main quest on the Shivering Isles, where I needed to eat Felldem-[something like that} its a Green Ingrediant you have to eat in order to enter a Tree Cave called " Dunroot Burrow, and now its like I played the Whole HOURS of Freaking FUN PLAYING HOURS ALL FOR NOTHING!!! Because now my game doesnt want to Load Up! Grrrr...Aghhhhhh!!! ". --- Well after going in there, like after a while being in there and battling some of those Huge Bugs.. thats when the Glowing Debugs start to form. Like when the Bug shoots a fire ball towards me, u will see the glowing shadow red image of that fire ball, even though the actual fireball goes past me or when it HITS me! and when it gets Worst!?... when my character takes any kind of Hit damage from that point from that Debug. My Character builds up the Glowness of the Hit Damage as in HITS or Fire SPELL Damage. And if I have it on 1st-person, which i like to play... it gets EXTREMELY hard to SEE from all the Colors that surrounds me w/ there inflicted damage. And seeing my Character in 3rd-person... u can see how my character on how much all that Glowing Spiral orbs Hit Damage remains surrounding me. Then when I would exit Dunroot Burrow, the flying "Actual Glowing" non-efective insect-[it reminds me of a glow bug, but its just green w/ no actual form. Its Actual Color is Actually Glowing] well it just flies around the tree door outer entrance... Well u dont see it flying or moving anymore when u exit Dunroot Burrow when that retard Debug has already taken affect. Its like frozen and you can see its "Actual Green Glowng" spots or like magic dust that would be following that insect.--- Plz does anyone know how Everything can go back to Normal!?! -- Would it have to do w/ anything... that I pick up from the Shivering Isles and then taken back to Cyrodill to either be kept in my Houses or Sold to People? OR maybe something I DID?!.... PLEASE I WOULD LIKE AN ANSWER!!! PLz e-mail me ... firstname.lastname@example.org !!! -Thanx U- Mark— Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 23:17 on 8 May 2009 (EDT)
All the Gatekeeper's Powers
- (moved from the article)
If you attack and knock unconsius the new Gatekeeper you have made, all of his body part powers are given to you at the same time.
only tested imediatly after doing the quest on X-box
- Doesn't work. What's happening is you're activating the gatekeeper repeatedly, which causes a different power to be assigned each time, as described on the relevant page. It looks like you're getting all the powers because all the messages flash up, but you only get to keep one of them. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 15:50, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
Anya Herrick outside first Shivering Isle Gate.
I've encountered a big glitch that's stopped me from progressing and has ruined the game for me. I've been told to interrogate Anya Herrick, but she's not in the palace grounds. I eventually found her outside the first Shivering Isles gate and the interrogator won't follow me there and I can't talk to her about the conspiracy either. Is there any way to fix this glitch? I've waited for her to move but she just stands there with that other lizard woman, guard and lion.
you can just go to to whats-his-face kajit guy she points you to. (sdharly)
Dead Guards Glitch
The Anya Herrick glitch happened on my PS3 version. The guards that the gatekeeper killed are also standing up and looking like they've been crucified.
Save problems PS3
moved from article
There is a problem that the ps3 version freezes when you try to save your game.
- Let your ps3 take a break, turn it off for a few days,overheated ps3 also glitches lockpickingMikeyboy52 15:26, 8 May 2010 (UTC)
Freezes when trying to get inside the House of Dementia (360)
I have tried using both entrances to the house of Dementia, but every time I try to go in, the game freezes and a window pops up saying that it can't read the disk. I took out the disk and there isn't a single scratch on it. I heard clearing the cache usually solves the problem, but that will delete the update, so I won't be able to play shivering isles. — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on 17 August 2009
Dude clear the cache (It doesn't help me but it is a trouble shooting step) as soon as you start the game the next time it will tell you that there is a game update and it will sign you out of xbox live unless you agree to install it. (That is the Updated Patch being reinstalled) your game will work (maybe with out the problem being fixed) but you'll be able to play the Shivering Isles again.
- Isn't it possible to install the update again, after clearing the cache? --Timenn-<talk> 13:25, 18 August 2009 (UTC)
-no name- Item Mystery Solved?
The kamikaze frost spell used by shambles seems to be implemented using an invisible arrow. Before the effect wears off I have consistently been able to pick up this arrow with a little luck. It shows up in my inventory as '-no name-' or something similar. I would add it to the article but I'm using my phone for this, and using it to edit is more hassle than it's worth. SteVB (126.96.36.199 20:44, 21 August 2009 (UTC))
That's interesting but it can hit multiple targets at once and seems like a spell. I will test this but it would help to know what system you are playing on.
shivering citezens talk glitch
sometimes when i choose rumors in new sheoth the person talks about something from ciirodil (forgive the spelling) most of the time its the anvil chapel attack.
I've noticed this one too. After I installed Knights of the Nine, random NPCs in Shivering will talk about the "Anvil Chapel Attack," along with random statements about your progress in KOTN. Probably a glitch in how the Cyrodil dialogue is broken (they won't talk about Cyrodil guild quests or the Cyrodil Main Quest).
Cannot install the expansion
Soo.. I have a PC with windows Vista. I recently bought a copy of the Shivering Isles expansion, and inserted the disc into the DVD player of my computer. The autorun function runs, but the disc is treated like an image folder instead of a game one (I get the options of 'show images', 'open folder', 'import images' and such. I tried rebooting the computer and inserting the disc again, but with no changes.
I have oblivion installed. The oblivion file i've used is on a.. what's it called in english? Burned disc? Anyway, i haven't had any problems with oblivion this far, and the shivering isles disc is completely legal (and i paid about thrice the base price of the expansion, ao i suppose i'm morally in the clear).
Is this anything anyboda has heard of before? Is it because of windows Vista? Any suggestions as to what i should do about it? Thanks in advance for any help. — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 21 September 2009
- Right click the disc in Exlorer and choose "Autoplay". If that doesn't work browse the disc and find "setup.exe" in the appropiate language folder (English, for example), running that should allow you to install the Shivering Isles. --Timenn-<talk> 13:33, 24 September 2009 (UTC)
Walk Through Wall
When I was able to get through the portion of the wall, I found myself falling a couple feet from the air and landing in Passwall! Does this happen every time I try going through that same wall? Or does it just put you into random places?(Cookies... lots and lots of cookies!!! 21:28, 3 November 2009 (UTC))
- It likely resets you to a specific position every time that happens. My theory is that you are placed at a certain door marker in the zone. Note sure what which door marker is picked, whether it is the one first in the alphabetical list, or the last one that was used. --Timenn-<talk> 15:47, 5 November 2009 (UTC)
Dreamwalk Camp disappearing
When I came across Dreamwalk Camp, the ground cuts off quite suddenly. All the structures in Dreamwalk Camp are also invisible, with tables and chairs floating in midair. Fast-traveling to Dreamwalk results in me ending up in the ocean beneath the camp. When approaching from any other direction, it's clear that there is a whole section of terrain missing. This is with the latest official and unofficial patches. — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 02:30 on 5 November 2009
- Set the load order of your *.esp files so that the unofficial patch is loaded after the SI *.esp file. — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 10:23 on 1 April 2010
haskil wont stop healing
edited:oblivionlord Moved from article:
ok this glitch happend after i summind him he got injured and now at the castle any where he wont stop healing ok i fixed it >_> just summon him if it appens to you summon him a few times he wil stop — Unsigned comment by Oblivionlord (talk • contribs) on 1 December 2009
starting out and walking thru jail cell door
ok this first happend after i updated the game thru xbox live i found myself walking thru the jail cell do i found it out when i went running at the door to listin to the mad guy thats in jail i was freaked out then when the guards came it became solid so imade a second file tested and it did it again then i made a 3rd and i went thru the wall that the assasin came outt of so i was wondering is this normal?
felldew lvling glitch
look at http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion_talk:Glitches. why did no one put a warning about lvling outside for too long? i guess this is just like wikipedia very few real expert editors around P90 user 05:06, 7 February 2010 (UTC)
- Maybe because an "expert" editor would feel that it was already covered in "Felldew Glitch"? --Timenn-<talk> 11:08, 18 February 2010 (UTC)
- dude that says the elytra might not spawn in the first place. i had the hatchling spawn and i went INSIDE and come out to lvl and then the membrane CLOSED P90 user 09:36, 20 February 2010 (UTC)
That's not a glitch. I mean after all the point of the Felldew is to let you past the membrane in the first place if you left the dungeon and the effects of the felldew were weakened or wore off then I guess all you should have to do is kill another of the elytra take the felldew and eat it again.
PC No Gatekeeper
I have gone everywhere and talked to everyone in passwall but there is no gatekeeper, the captain adventurer is fighting the other adventurers endlessly i couldnt even kill them no matter what i did, help plz— Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) on 16 February 2010
- I'm afraid you have run into one of the most disabling bugs of the game. As specified here, your only solution is to revert to an earlier save. --S'drassa •T2M 05:15, 16 February 2010 (UTC)
Sheogorath protection out of map glitch
I was in a ruin in th SI and cast shaogorath protection and took damage and apeard at the palace and the healer heal me and all and Haskill asked me if i wanted to return and i sayed yes but while waiting to return i talked to haskill and requested a dancer and then i sitted on my throne and i was transported to the ruin but outside the ruis map like was like a big ocean. The only way to return is casting a water walking effect on you and the summon a creature and cast a water walking on it and cast sheogorath protection the let the creature damage u and reapear at the palce and say no to haskill. User:Jcnator 11:37, 2 April 2010 (UTC)
- Sorry but this sounds like a veeeery unlikely glitch. If can repeat it further, post more information; and please improve the spelling and grammar. --SerCenKing Talk 15:34, 8 April 2010 (UTC)
- ok i have repeated glitch about 10 times and i have gotten some interesting results: first, what i did on the fort and the sam results. i was teleported back to the fort but out of the map and it was an endless ocean. then i tried on the palace grounds and used a fire so when i was teleported back i requested the dancer and sited on the throne and i was teleported but not out of the map, i was siting on the fire. then i tried throwing myself from high places at the palace grounds and i was teleported to the palace and requested the dancer and sited and when teleported back i was somewhere in the fringe but the map said palace grounds. I could continue telling more examples but they all end in i go out of the map. Try it urself and please tell me your results User:Jcnator
enemies near glitch
i'm a 360 player and i just got to the rebuild the gatekeeper quest. i killed everything in the dungeon area but after i finished the dungeon fighting section i got to the chamber of vivisection i think its called and talked to her. after i talked to her i tried to wait to heal up but i couldnt and it said enemies nearby even though there werernt any. then i went outside and killed everything nearby and tried to fast travel but it still said enemies nearby! i ended up walking to the gates of madness and going thtrough hoping that if i left the area then i might get rid be able to but it still had that iritating enemies nearby message everytime i tried to do something. very frustrating!22.214.171.124 19:12, 28 May 2010 (UTC)
Only Rumors(Xbox 360)
I had completed very little of the Shivering Isles ( I am still in the Fringe) I left and did some other things in Cyrodil and came back and the only thing anyone wants to talk about is rumors so I can't kill the gate keeper. I think it may have something to do with the fact that I played my game on someone else's xbox, because after that my Knights of the Nine "reset". So I uninstalled the Shivering Isles expansion and reinstalled it and it still isn't working. Please help! Thank You.
- Previous save or if that doesnt work, completely remove the game from your xbox, than start again. Thats all I can think off... MikeTalk 05:06, 16 June 2010 (UTC)
|Prev: None||Up: Shivering talk:Glitches||Next: None|