The Wrothgar Mountains have been home to northern Tamriel's Orcs since the beginning of recorded history. Invading armies have marched into these peaks countless times to suppress the fractious Orcs, but the clans always rise again.
Zone Story Quests
Zone Story Quests are the main story arc for the zone. Completing these quests can award you with skill points, experience, gold, and gear.
- Invitation to Orsinium: Escort a supply caravan to the Wrothgarian city of Orsinium.
- For King and Glory: Help King Kurog deal with the leader of the Winterborn Reachmen.
- The Hidden Harvest: Destroy the source of the briarheart warriors.
- A King-Sized Problem: Investigate an attack on Orsinium's temple of Trinimac.
- In the Name of the King: Obligate the clan chiefs to attend King Kurog's Great Moot.
- Quarry Conundrum: Investigate the strange occurrences in Graystone Quarry.
- The Hand of Morkul: Discover the ancient secrets of Morkul Clan.
- A Question of Succession: Help the Shatul clan choose a new chief and avoid civil war.
- To Save a Chief: Embark on a secretive rescue mission for the High Priestess.
- The Anger of a King: Discover what has put King Kurog in such a foul mood.
- The King's Gambit: Find a way to stop the Vosh Rakh's attack before it happens.
- Blood on a King's Hands: Reach the temple and ensure your allies at the Great Moot are safe.
- Long Live the King: Make preparations for a traditional Orc ceremony.
Wayshrines allow free, instantaneous travel between wayshrines that have been discovered and unlocked. You can also travel directly to any unlocked wayshrine from anywhere in the world for a small amount of gold.
- Frostbreak Ridge Wayshrine — Located north of Frostbreak Fortress.
- Great Bay Wayshrine — Located northeast of Thukhozod's Sanctum.
- Icy Shore Wayshrine — Located south of the Frozen Fleet.
- Merchant's Gate Wayshrine — Located north of Merchant's Gate.
- Morkul Plain Wayshrine — Located northeast of Exile's Barrow.
- Orsinium Wayshrine — Located in Orsinium.
- Shatul Wayshrine — Located northwest of Shatul Range.
- Siege Road Wayshrine — Located on the road northwest of Watcher's Hold.
- Trader's Road Wayshrine — Located north of Graystone Quarry.
- Two Rivers Wayshrine — Located northeast of Zthenganaz.
Delves are solo-able dungeons found throughout the world. Delves will always contain a single skyshard and a boss who drops item set gear.
- Argent Mine — A silver mine northwest of Orsinium.
- Coldperch Cavern — A cave northeast of Orsinium.
- Nikolvara's Kennel — A cave southwest of Orsinium.
- Thukhozod's Sanctum — An Ayleid ruin in western Wrothgar.
- Watcher's Hold — A ruin east of Friendship Gate.
- Zthenganaz — A buried Dwarven ruin south of Fharun Stronghold.
Points of Interest
Points of Interest are self-contained stories that explore the lore, characters, and locations within a zone. These can award you with experience, gold, and gear.
- Arena: Maelstrom — An otherworldly solo arena accessed from Wrothgar.
- Bonerock Cavern — A cave found north of Orsinium.
- Exile's Barrow — A Nordic ruin located northwest of Orsinium.
- Fharun Stronghold — An Orc stronghold found along the coast in northern Wrothgar.
- Friendship Gate — A gate found on the western border of Wrothgar.
- Frostbreak Fortress — A fort found west-southwest of Orsinium.
- Frozen Fleet — A frozen plain found southwest of Fharun Stronghold.
- Graystone Quarry — An Orc stronghold and mine owned by the Tumnosh Clan, found southwest of Orsinium.
- Honor's Rest — A crypt found southeast of Friendship Gate.
- Merchant's Gate — A gate found on the southern border of Wrothgar.
- Morkul Stronghold — An Orc stronghold located northwest of Orsinium.
- Orsinium — The largest city in Wrothgar, and the home of King Kurog.
- Paragon's Remembrance — A ruin found just northwest of Friendship Gate.
- Shatul Range — An Orc stronghold located north of Orsinium.
- Sorrow — A mountain found east of Fharun Stronghold.
Striking Locales are places of interest within the world. Discovering all of the Striking Locales in a zone will award that zone's Pathfinder achievement.
- Aqueduct Rock — A camp located beneath the old aqueduct west of Orsinium.
- Forlorn Watchtower — A tower located north of Orsinium.
- Grudge-Rock Falls — A waterfall east of Friendship Gate.
- Jehanna Docks — A small jetty northeast of Fharun Stronghold.
- Shipwreck Cove — A bay found northeast of Friendship Gate.
- Torug's Arch — A gate northwest of Orsinium.
Set Stations are locations in the world where you can craft items with specific item set bonuses.
- Boreal Forge — A crafting station found east of Friendship Gate.
- Malacath Statue — A statue found northeast of Orsinium.
- Morkuldin Forge — A crafting station found east of Morkul Stronghold, deep inside Morkul Descent.
Public Dungeons are open world dungeons found throughout Tamriel and beyond. These are designed for four player groups. Completing different parts of Public Dungeons can award you with a skill point, experience, gold, and gear.
World Bosses are difficult enemies meant to be tackled by a group of adventurers. Defeating a world boss can award you higher tier gear.
- The Accursed Nursery — A fortified altar in central Wrothgar.
- King-Chief's Throne — A Riekr camp north of Orsinium.
- The Mad Ogre's Altar — An altar southeast of Fharun Stronghold.
- Nyzchaleft Falls — A Dwarven ruin northwest of Rkindaleft.
- Poacher's Encampment — A camp far west of Orsinium.
- Unfinished Dolmen — A dolmen in western Wrothgar.
Skyshards are scattered throughout the world and can be identified by the bright beam of white light they emanate. Discovering three Skyshards will grant you a skill point, which can be used to unlock or morph new abilities.
|Beneath the ruined aqueduct.||North of Watcher's Hold.|
|West of the cliff jumper's falls.||Southeast of Great Bay Wayshrine on a ledge overlooking the water behind a boulder.|
|Smuggled away in Shipwreck Cove.||Southeast of Old Orsinium on a ledge near water.|
|On a stonecutter's scaffold.||South of Graystone Quarry in a barrel on a platform.||There's a tricky jump to get the platform with the shard.|
|A seaside view from the cliffs of Morkul.||West of Morkul Stronghold on a platform close to the water.|
|Above the ancient barrow.||Atop Exile's Barrow with harpies.|
|Lost cargo on a frozen freighter.||Northwest of Frozen Fleet in a crate in between two ships.||Several Reikrs will jump off the ship's deck as you approach|
|Atop the frozen waterfall.||West of Forlorn Watchtower atop a cliff.|
|Overlooking the ice-bound centurion.||South of Nyzchaleft Falls with ogres.|
|Caught in the webs of the old city.||Inside Old Orsinium. east section with spiders in water and glowing flowers.||This room has constantly respawning spiders. If you're with a group, you can take turns grabbing it. If you're by yourself, you'll have to find a gap while they're still dropping from the ceiling to grab the shard.|
|Washed down river by Dwarven boilers.||Inside Rkindaleft, in the water near the Astrictive Valve.|
|Surrounded by silver.||Inside Argent Mine, in the southwest section.|
|An unusual egg for harpies.||Inside Coldperch Cavern, in the south hallway with harpies.||Several waves of Harpies will spawn as you approach the shard.|
|Pried from a necromancer's cold, dead hands.||Inside Thukhozod's Sanctum, in the hallway opposite the entrance.|
|Kept as a prize in the cold Dwarf tomb.||Inside Zthenganaz, in the northwest section.|
|In a subterranean spider oasis.||Inside Nikolvara's Kennel, prior to entering The Kennel.|
|Amidst the crumbling gargoyles.||Inside Watcher's Hold, east section near entrance.|
Shalidor's Library Books
Shalidor's Library Books are scattered throughout the world. These books are identified by their distinctive purple glow. Discovering these books will improve your Mages Guild rank and advance the associated skill line.
- The Dreamstride by The Mysterious Alchemists of Vaermina — A description of the nature and effect of Vaermina's Torpor
- Civility and Etiquette: Wood Orcs I by Coristir, Sage Sojourner — An Altmer guidebook outlining the correct social protocols when dealing with the Wood Orcs
- The Legendary Scourge — A short story and poem about Scourge, the mace of Malacath
- Return to Orsinium by Immigration-Wife Uulitag gra-Orsinium — A rallying pamphlet urging Orcs to return to Orsinium