|Faction(s)||First Auridon Marines|
- The Veiled Choice: Rescue a Marine's daughter from the Veiled Heritance.
He can be heard calling, "Oh, Palith... my daughter... where are you?". Talking to him, he'll say:
- "Please, you have to help me. They've got my daughter. My Palith!"
- What happened? Who has your daughter?
- "The Veiled Heritance. I tracked her here. Managed to take out this sentry before he could raise the alarm.
- But—damn it! I'm an old man now. My sword arm is useless."
- Let me help. Where is she?
- "Auri-El protect you. Before he died, this bastard told me she's held in some ruins.
- Take this note and this elixir of invisibility. The note holds everything I learned from this scum. The elixir's for Palith."
- I'll look for Palith. Just rest.
- "Find her—as quick as you can."
At this point, you can question him further:
- Who are you?
- "A member of the First Auridon Marines. I serve under Battlereeve Urcelmo. I'm currently on leave.
- My wife passed, just recently."
- What happened?
- "The Heritance—again. I was assigned to Queen Ayrenn's detail, so my wife went to stay with her sister in Silsailen.
- The city was sacked and they were both murdered by these bastards."
- I'm sorry to hear that.
- "I've lost enough to the Veiled Heritance. I won't lose my daughter.
- Please. You have to find her."
- Why didn't you just sneak inside with the elixir?
- "How would Palith get out then? I'm a better alchemist than a fighter, as you can see here.
- Least I know how to make a man talk."
Find Palith and bring her back to him.
- "My daughter is found! And my no-good son as well, from what I hear."
- Eranamo gave this to the Pact, but he helped me get it back.
- "What? He ... my son is a traitor? He gave deployment plans to the Heritance? And the Pact?"
- In his defence, he didn't want to just leave. He—
- "Did he tell you my wife—his mother—was murdered by the Veiled Heritance? That he's put all of Auridon in danger? More wives and mothers and daughters, just so he can feel important? Like a big man?"
- He should be right behind me.
Eranamo will run up to you, and Rolancano will shout at him before drawing his sword and threatening to kill him. Palith will ask for your help:
- Palith: "Look father, it's Eranamo!"
- Rolancano: "You! I told you I'd kill you if I ever saw your face again!"
- Eranamo: "No, father, don't get upset! Please, I... I never meant to hurt anyone!"
- Rolancano: "You deserve no forgiveness. Lorkhan take you!"
- Palith: "Father, no!" She turns to you. "Please, do something!"
But Rolancano isn't willing to be deterred:
- "This is now official First Auridon Marine business. Your help is no longer required."
- Are you sure you want to do this?
- "I have to. This is justice. He's a traitor to the crown. To his family."
- And the only possible solution is death?
- "He's a traitor to the crown. He's committed treason, murder, and theft. How do I justify that? Even as his father?
- It's my duty."
- Forget duty. He's your son. [Eranamo lives]
- "No, I have to. I must—my son. My own son! How can I kill my own flesh and blood?
- He's a traitor to the alliance and the Queen. He deserves death. [Eranamo dies]
- "I never thought I'd live to see the day. I've failed. I've failed as a father and as a soldier."
He then sentences Eranamo to death:
- Rolancano: "Eranamo, I am a First Auridon Marine. It's my duty to carry out the punishment for your crimes. Treason and murder, the sentence is death. Do you have anything to say?"
- Eranamo: "I'm grateful. How can you treat your own son this way?"
- Palith: "Father, no! Don't do it!"
- Eranamo: "Yes, listen to Palith! You'll regret this!"
- Rolancano: "The Eight may grant you mercy. I cannot."
If Eranamo was spared, he'll say, :"Could it be I made the wrong choice?"
- You did the right thing.
- "A hundred years with the Marines and never before have I failed in my duty. Until today. I know myself, though. I would have come to regret killing Eranamo. Thank you."
If Eranamo was killed, he'll say, "Could it be I made the wrong decision?"
- It had to be done.
- "At least he was slain by the sword of his father. In private, rather than in public by a hooded executioner. Cold comfort. Thank you."
Talking to him after completing the quest, he'll say if Eranamo lived, "I hope the Stars - and the Queen - can forgive me. I don't know if I ever will." If he killed Eranamo: "Palith will come to forgive me in time. I may not ever forgive Eranamo."