Online:Ritual of Mara
The Ritual of Mara can be performed at any Shrine to Mara. It requires a Pledge of Mara, a Crown Store item that can also be obtained by purchasing the Imperial Edition. The pledge must be quickslotted to activate, and will send your partner a notification to begin the ritual. Should they accept, both of you will receive a Ring of Mara, which results in an experience bonus when you group together.
A character can perform the Ritual of Mara with up to eight other characters.
Players who copied their account to console after using a Pledge of Mara on PC were allowed to keep their rings, but the experience bonus will only work on console if their partners also purchased an account copy.
Shrine to Mara
Shrines to Mara can be found in major settlements in the first and second zones of each alliance and Summerset. Activating one will bring up the following text (saved in your collection as Shrine of Mara):
- "At this altar to the Goddess of Love you can use a Ring of Mara to espouse your beloved."
Shrines can be found in the following places:
- Rededication Shrine — A shrine to Mara located in Vulkhel Guard.
- Rededication Shrine — A rededication shrine located in Elden Root.
- Rededication Shrine — A Shrine to Mara in Daggerfall.
- Rededication Shrine — A rededication shrine in Wayrest.
- Rededication Shrine — A shrine to Mara located in Davon's Watch.
- Rededication Shrine — A rededication shrine in Mournhold.
- Temple of the Divines — A house of worship and monastery in central Alinor.
- Shrine of the Cats Divine — An outdoor shrine in the center of Rimmen.
Shrine to Mother Morrowind
The Shrine to Mother Morrowind can be found in the Temple Canton of Vivec City. It functions the same as the Shrine of Mara, but has an alternate appearance based off of Almalexia. Activating it will bring up the following text:
- "At this altar to Almalexia you can use a Ring of Mara to espouse your beloved."
- Shrine to Mother Morrowind — A shrine where players can perform the Ritual of Mara dedicated to Almalexia in the Temple Canton of Vivec City