Prologue Quests are quests that are released ahead of new story DLC to act as an introduction to the plot. They do not form a major part of the storyline of a particular zone, and are a type of side quest. Prologue quests can be started from relevant in-game locations, but can often also be started with a quest starter from the Crown Store.
The following prologue quests have been released:
- The Missing Prophecy, ahead of the Morrowind Chapter.
- Of Knives and Long Shadows, ahead of the Clockwork City DLC.
- Through a Veil Darkly, ahead of the Summerset Chapter. Started with Mages Guild Message Stone.
- Ruthless Competition and The Cursed Skull, ahead of the Murkmire DLC. Started with Cyrodilic Collections Needs You!
- The Demon Weapon and The Halls of Colossus, ahead of the Elsweyr Chapter. Started with Sealed Imperial Summons.
- Once the Elsweyr prologue quests are completed, (?) daily quests are unlocked and are obtained from Zahari: Dark Souls, Mighty Weapons, Dragon Lore: Icehammer's Vault, Dragon Lore: Shroud Hearth Barrow, Dragon Lore: Stormcrag Crypt, Goblin Demonstration, Lamia Demonstration, Lurcher Demonstration, Skeleton Demonstration, Spider Demonstration [verification needed — is this full list of dailies?]