Online:Baroness Leila Montclair
|Baroness Leila Montclair|
|Location||Doomcrag Shrouded Pass, Rivenspire, Shornhelm, Tamriel|
The player will encounter the dying Baroness in Verandis's memories. She is laying in bed as her husband and daughter stand at her bedside.
- Lleraya Montclair: "Mother... please. You have to take the medicine. Reezal-Jul can help you!"
- Baroness Leila Montclair: "Oh, sweet daughter. I can't go on like this. I don't want to spend my final days as an experiment. Instead, let me spend them with the ones I love."
The Count comments as he watches this scene play out,
- Count Verandis Ravenwatch: "Even in retrospect, reliving this is difficult. Her pain, her suffering. She had so much courage."
- "My dear friend, Verandis. I'm glad you're here. You've always been so good to our family.
I... I never really thanked you for that."
- There's no need to thank me. You're a good friend to me, as well.
- "Verandis... after I'm gone. You need to continue to watch over my family. Wylon will need your... strong, steadying presence more than ever."
- There is a way to avoid this, Leila....
- "No, my friend. Your gift isn't the solution. Not for me. I refuse to accept an existence that forces me to watch as my children... my husband... everyone I know... ages before my eyes."
- Of course, Leila. As you wish.
In the next memory, the Baroness seems to be in better health:
- Baron Wylon Montclair: "Three cheers for Verandis! He gave me the means to save my beautiful wife!"
- Baroness Leila Montclair: "Yes, to our dear friend, Verandis! How can we ever repay him?"
- Count Verandis Ravenwatch: "We were so happy at this moment. We were all together, friends and family, enjoying each other's company. For the final time ...."
- Baroness Leila Montclair: "Verandis, may I speak to you for a moment? Alone."
You may speak to the Baroness:
- "Don't mind Wylon. He's just angry that the shard's effects faded away. He knows you didn't mean for this to happen to me, Verandis."
During the third memory, the group is climbing the Doomcrag.
- Baroness Leila Montclair: "We shouldn't have left the guards behind, Weylon. Who knows what else we're going to run into?"
- Lleraya Montclair: "There was no choice, Mother. You're getting worse and we can't wait for them."
- Gwendis: "I'll stay here and protect the way out. Keep watch in case the guards catch up with us. The rest of you need to keep moving."
- Baron Wylon Montclair: "Thank you, Gwendis. At least you retain and sense of honor."
- Baroness Leila Montclair: "Wylon, you have to stop blaming Verandis. This wasn't his fault."
The group climbs higher up the Doomcrag:
- Baron Wylon Montclair: "What a magnificent structure! The relic this monolith houses must be powerful indeed!"
- Baroness Leila Montclair: "Wylon, my love, I'm afraid."
- Baron Wylon Montclair: "Hurry, Leila. Trust me. Soon you will be healed and we can put this terrible episode behind us."
When they find the relic, the Baron begins to perform a ritual:
- Baron Wylon Montclair: "Have no fear, my darling Leila. Soon the light will wash away your pain."
- Reezal-Jul: "It's going to work, Baron. The power of this ancient Ayleid remnant... it's almost overwhelming."
- Lleraya: "You're going to be all right, Mother. Just hold on."
- Baron Wylon Montclair: ""The remnant will make you like new, my love! You'll be reborn!
- Lleraya: "Something's... happening. I feel... the power!"
- Baroness Leila Montclair: "Wylon! Something feels... wrong ...."
- Baron Wylon Montclair: "Verandis, we need you! We need your power! Quickly! Touch the relic and help us!"
With Verandis having touched the remnant, the Montclairs are turned into vampires. Leila is in immense pain.
- Baroness Leila Montclair: "No! What... what have you done? This isn't me! I... I never wanted this!"
- Baroness Leila Montclair: "Please, Verandis. Help me! Make it stop! I... I can't stand the pain."
- Baroness Leila Montclair: "End this, Verandis! End this before I... arrgh!"