Oblivion talk:Where Spirits Have Lease/Archive 1
|This is an archive of past Oblivion talk:Where Spirits Have Lease discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page, except for maintenance such as updating links.|
- 1 Carahil
- 2 How do I get kind of money for this quest?
- 3 Benirus Manor Deed
- 4 Lorgren
- 5 Can't Get Round Bug
- 6 Lorgren's Hand
- 7 Bug?
- 8 Lorgren a tribute to Vecna?
- 9 Velwyn won't come back!
- 10 Velwyn's Location
- 11 No ghosts, Creepy house?
- 12 No Ghosts
- 13 Lorgren! Where are you?
- 14 Bodies
- 15 Velwyn won't come
- 16 Title of quest
- 17 The Guy entered the Portal without me!!!!!!!
- 18 Secret Door still Glowing
- 19 Portal Bug on PS3
- 20 Vampire
- 21 Missing Diary
- 22 Odd bug?
- 23 Never got the Staff of Flame
- 24 Velwyn refuses to help.
- 25 Velwyn Odd Location in Inn
- 26 Quite expensive
- 27 Follower
- 28 The skelton guy wont come
- 29 Follower
- 30 Velwyn Won't enter house
- 31 Wabbajack does not work
Is it me, or does everyone in the quest say that Carahil is a man. But if you go to the mages guild, she is a woman.
It could be a glitch or something. I need to check this myself.--ShakenMike 18:22, 20 February 2007 (EST)
- Yes, Lorgren does seem to be slightly confused about Carahil's gender. Specifically, Lorgren says:
- Carahil was justified in his actions.
- You've assisted me in completing the very thing Carahil and his cabal sought to prevent all those years ago;;
- However, it does seem pretty clear that Lorgren is talking about the same Carahil who is now head of the Anvil Mages Guild, since if you talk to her she says:
- I've heard you were able to lift the curse from Benirus Manor and destroy Lorgren Benirus once and for all. I thank you for completing the task I set about to do long ago.
- The rest of Tamriel at least seems pretty consistent in referring to Carahil as "she"; every other dialogue I can find about Carahil gets the gender correct. I'm guessing this is just a mistake on the part of the developers. --Nephele 22:05, 20 February 2007 (EST)
Hmmmm, maybe Lorgren knows something about Carahil we don't????- Arch_Mage
- Who said it was the same Carahil, Lorgren is Velwyn Grandfather (if i remember correctly) so its going back some time, 2 generations, so at that time there could of been someone else in charge... Possibly. --Marleysexton 14:41, 24 February 2008 (EST)
- I agree because the loading screen states that Lorgren Benirus disappears 100 years ago and that leads me to believe that Carahil is not the same person.*/\~shane~/\* 22:02, 11 December 2008 (EST)
- The inhabitants of the Chorrol Mages Guild are Alberic Litte, Angalmo, Athragar, Contumeliorus Florius, Tekeeus, Carmen Litte, and Casta Scribonia. Are you sure it isn't one of them? --Darth NANAME 16:50, 8 August 2009 (UTC)
How do I get kind of money for this quest?
I'm just wondering thats all.--ShakenMike 21:33, 24 February 2007 (EST)
There are various ways to build up large amounts of money. One is to complete other quests for rewards. Another way is to loot dungeons for items that you can sell for gold. Just explore the world. If you avoid fast-travelling and walk to your destinations, you'll end up with a great deal of money. --GuildKnight 09:53, 25 February 2007 (EST)
Thanks for the advice--ShakenMike 10:51, 25 February 2007 (EST)
Benirus Manor Deed
Anyone ever read the deed to the house? It said that you can change the name of the manor in the archives in the imperial city. Is this possible? -PeeKnuckle
- As far as I know, it isn't possible.--Ratwar 16:54, 25 February 2007 (EST)
It may be an easter egg. The person who found it (bleeding h3art) says this: "it also said something bout going to construction set in anvil first to get a copy of the name changing papers but if it cant be done that wont matter =)". Construction set? That'd make sense if he wanted to get the name of the house changed. -PeeKnuckle
- The full text of the deed is:
- This document hereby states that the bearer is the sole owner and possessor of the domicile currently known as Benirus Manor. Said domicile is located in the township known as Anvil in the territory known as Cyrodiil.
- The bearer has full ownership rights to all of the structures, flora and land within the property borders as defined in the Anvil Construction Charter. The bearer is responsible for all matters pertaining to or occurring on said property.
- This document also empowers the bearer transfer rights to reassign the property as he sees fit. The bearer may amend this document to rename the manor by submitting the proper forms and payments to the Anvil Construction Charter and by filing duplicate forms with the Documents Division of the Imperial City Archives.
- So it does talk about changing the manor's name, but references the "Construction Charter" not the "Construction Set". However, I can't see any other references to the deed or to this construction charter in the construction set, so I don't see any signs that anything can be done with it. --Nephele 02:42, 27 February 2007 (EST)
- I always assumed this was just a bit of in-game lore that's only there to lend a bit of realism to the environment, not a sign that you could actually do' this. From a technical standpoint I don't think it's possible to change the cell names of the house interior, "Benirus Manor" and "Benirus Manor Basement", especially not to a freely chosen name.
Thanks everyone. I thought that maybe it was for realism as well, until he replied back with the "construction set" part. It's been awhile since I've played that part of the game, and couldn't recall from memory, the exact details. Thanks also for titling my question. I didn't know how to do that, and tried to fit my question in somewhere. -PeeKnuckle
I am having in incredibly tough time killing Lorgren or even damaging him much. He always kills me in less than a minute. What am I missing here?
- If the suggestions in the article don't help, the only thing I can suggest is practice! It makes perfect, after all. --RpehTalk 09:19, 6 July 2007 (EDT)
Well, if you are having trouble defeating lorgren then logically think what is the best choice? My advice is to get a silence spell, even if you are not a mage you can still buy one and train to cast it. Or, there is another way, I realized that when you get close to him he uses his staff, so make him use all of the staffs charges (there aren't that many) then go and attack him face on, he will continue to try and use the staff even when it's all used up, just watch out for his summon. ;p - Arch_Mage
Lorgren has a spell that kills me in one hit. I've never ran into anything like this and I've killed Lorgren before (I just beat him again). Is this some sort of glitch? My health is around 270 and my willpower is maxed so this is a serious spell he casts. 18.104.22.168 17:22, 27 March 2008 (EDT)
- Any chance you're using Mehrunes Razor to attack him? If the dagger's spell is reflected back at you, you can die instantly. --NepheleTalk 21:09, 26 April 2008 (EDT)
- You have to sleep in the house first, as already stated on the quest page. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 05:16, 7 April 2008 (EDT)
Can't Get Round Bug
As the bug suggests, the guy is waving his hands at the portal (for hours!) without opening it. I've tried their suggestions... charming him, waiting, fighting with him then yielding... but to no avail. Has anyone a suggestion for a definitive way of getting him to open the door?
- The "waiting for an hour" fix always worked for me. Just a thought - you know it means waiting with the "T" key (or whatever the non-PC equivalent is)? Just standing around won't do it. --RpehTalk 09:18, 6 July 2007 (EDT)
- I've tried all of these and pretty much every other spell I have to try and get him to snap out of waving his arms around and nothing has worked. I've waited normally and using 'T' for every possible length of time. Nothing works and I really want to finish this quest. Can anyone help?!?! - Trim 09/04/07
I've done ever suggestion here, but I can't get this idiot to open the damn door. Sorry if I sound rude, but I'm really upset here, I had it opened and everything, but loaded back because he dropped his staff somewhere and I couldn't find it. Now he won't open it up. I'm on Xbox 360, so I can't console (or whatever). Please help. Sleeping, Waiting, Shutting off, nothing suggested here works. — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on 9. August 2008
- I am having the same problem as mentioned directly above. I have also tried the things mentioned, as well as clearing and re-clearing ghosts, talking to him. My last save point was right when he started waving his hands (and I'm a stickler for having one save and one auto save, so dummy me, that's the only game I have access to.) — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) on 6. September 2008
- Hey, people i had that same problem and what i did was i clicked on open door and it worked fine after that */\~shane~/\* 21:46, 11 December 2008 (EST)
I am having the same problem, I cannot open the door, I've actually tried killing him but he DOES NOT die! I can't think of any other solutions, I can't reset caches or "hack" because i'm on the 360 console, I have even at one point had him STUCK behind the door somehow, and still nothing happened, then I waited 24 hours in the game and he came back out but when he waves his hands he does nothing O_O T_T Someone please help? ~Gweni <3
- Have you tried looking for the Skeletal Hand in the location described in the walkthrough at Dark Secret? --NepheleTalk 16:50, 25 July 2007 (EDT)
HIS HAND!! HELP! I CAN'T FIND HIS HAND! DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE IT IS?
- You should have picked it up when the quest first started. The article says "Head downstairs to the main floor to find that a jar has fallen from a cupboard (the jar only falls after you have defeated the ghosts upstairs.) The broken jar has spilled its contents onto the floor: a Skeletal Hand holding a Scrap from Lorgren's Diary." =) IWon'tFightUndead 18:37, 30 November 2007 (EST)
- You might want to re-read your quest log, because I'm quite sure it does not say that your picked up the hand; see the journal entry for quest stage 45. That quest update is prompted when you pick up the diary scrap; there is no recognition for picking up the skeletal hand. If you had picked up the Skeletal Hand it would still be in your inventory, since it is a quest item. Therefore it is very likely that the hand is right where you left it, on the main floor of the manor. --NepheleTalk 00:42, 26 December 2007 (EST)
I am having the same problem as mentioned directly above. I have also tried the things mentioned, as well as clearing and re-clearing ghosts, talking to him. My last save point was right when he started waving his hands (and I'm a stickler for having one save and one auto save, so dummy me, that's the only game I have access to. — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 04:03 on 30 June 2009 (UTC)
- I Have the same problem, but i am on PS3 i'm stuck there.. it's either a fix or i have to start all over again.. i talked to him, brought him up to the stairs waited sleeping made him unconscious, i have tried to go to jail... but when i leave him for a long time.. theres no arrow on my compass allowing me to know where he is.... — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 04:03 on 30 June 2009 (UTC)
Hey folks im on Ps3 and the same issue is happening can anyone tell me what there is to do now??? Biggest problem my last save is like 8 levels before thats a lot of man hours of training. Not just that but im worried if i start over its going to happen again will it? — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) on 8 December 2009
Moved from main article:
- I've encountered a problem with the game not not proceeding further after discovering you have ghosts, when you go back to see Velywn there is no message to advance the quest.
Before adding this to the main article, there really need to be more details. For example, have you found the "Scrap from Lorgren's Diary" and do you have it with you when you go to talk to Velwyn? Is Velwyn's disposition above 60? Where exactly are you in the quest (what was your last quest update), and have you done everything described in the walkthrough up to that point? What are the dialogue options that Velwyn provides? From the information provided it's not clear whether this is actually a bug or just a case of not doing all of the required tasks. --NepheleTalk 23:51, 22 October 2007 (EDT)
Velwyn says, "You got quite a deal on that house." And then there are two dialogue options: Manor and Rumors. If I choose Manor, he says, "You already bought the manor and I have nothing more to say about it." I have both the Hand and the Diary Scrap in my inventory. I've tried waiting a couple days to talk to him...nothing works. Please help! 18.104.22.168 16:18, 2 June 2009 (EDT)
Lorgren a tribute to Vecna?
Lorgren, his skeletal hand, and the "Tome of Unlife" seem to be a tribute to Vecna, the Hand of Vecna, and the Book of Vile Darkness/Ordinary Necromancy (see Wikipedia:Vecna) --— Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk)
I disagree. The hand of Vecna is generally illustrated as a hand with flesh. Also we need an eye, don't we? PanzerFaust 126.96.36.199 14:55, 28 February 2008 (EST)
Velwyn won't come back!
Help! Velwyn is at the inn in Imperial City, and is at disposition 100 (no idea why) but won't come back to Anvil no matter what I say! Is this a glitch I can fix, or do I just have a crap manor now? — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk)
- What exatly does he say? Does he say that it's not his problem or that he feels guilty and will follow you, but he doesn't move? If you are on PC, you could probably use the console to fix it... Vesna 08:41, 28 December 2007 (EST)
- It is possible he will not help you if you attack after he admits he sold you the manor under false pretences. He will stay in the Kings and Queens Tavern in the Imperial City and tell you the curse is your problem. Charm spells or raising his disposition to 100 won't fix this problem and Fast Travel out of the city and back doesn't work either. He just won't help you. — Unsigned comment by Dzmttsh (talk • contribs)
I moved this here from the main article because it sounds like another example of the exact same issue: the player must have the diary scrap otherwise Velwyn will refuse to help you. It's not a bug: it's the way the quest is supposed to work. --NepheleTalk 01:56, 24 January 2008 (EST)
- I have actually had this just happen to me. I don't know what caused it, as I certainly didn't attack him or anything, but he agreed to help me break the curse and told me to meet him in Anvil, and I saw him walk out the door of the Tavern. I fast-traveled there, and he was no where to be found. I just had an arrow telling me to meet him at the place in Anvil and he never showed up. I reloaded a save and asked him for help again and it worked fine. I don't know what happened. Can anyone explain this? Should a note be put in the article mentioned that this can happen?--Mikekearn 07:37, 24 February 2008 (EST)
- What you're describing is not the same as what the previous two players were reporting. The previous discussion was about Velwyn refusing to help; in your case Velwyn agreed to help you. And my guess is that in your case you simply did not wait long enough. It can take a long time for Velwyn to travel from one city to another, definitely much longer than it takes for you to fast-travel. That fact is already stated in the article. --NepheleTalk 14:29, 24 February 2008 (EST)
- (question moved from incorrect user talk page)
In your quest walkthrough for elder scrolls IV oblivion you have made mistake with "where spirits have lease" You have said that Velwyn is still in transit if hes not at the counts arms. This is false. You can simply find him upstairs in the room on the left. It is a hard door to lockpick. The map marker tells other wise- but trust me. — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk)
I spoke to Velwyn without the diary scrap, he wouldn't help. So i went back to get it, and now he still won't help me! He says "you bought the house, it's up to you" and his disposition is 100. There seems nothing i can do to change his mind. Charm spells, waiting, even attacking, yielding and raising his disposition don't work. I want to get rid of the skeletal hand, it's freaking me out!
No ghosts, Creepy house?
I'm a HUGE fan of role-playing in Oblivion and this house is right up my current characters dark and twisted alley. (Witch serial killer.) Is there a way to keep this house creepy without having to worry about the ghosts? I'm thinking that maybe after completing stage 90 of the quest that the ghosts will not spawn, or if they do they will be passive, and I will be able to maintain the house in a state of creepiness.
Stage 90 says " Velwyn successfully opened the door to the secret room, which has stopped the ghosts from attacking. He then ran off, leaving me to clean up the mess. It's up to me, and me alone, to investigate what's beyond the mysterious portal."
- If it doesn't work, you or somebody else could make a mod for it (assuming you have the PC version). Michaeldsuarez(Talk)/(Contribs) 18:11, 18 March 2008 (EDT)
Great news for people that want a creepy house on the console version of Oblivion! Once the "portal" is open and stage 90 is complete if you do not complete the quest, ghosts will not spawn, even if you sleep in the house and or leave it and come back in! I'm glad to confirm my previous idea! Good luck to all my other fellow Role-players!
- Or If you want to keeep the ghost you cands use the console command
player.setfactionrank 0009db1f 1to add yourself to the undead faction, after which the ghosts will stop attacking. This will also mean you can ressurect Lorgren Benirus and he might not attack. --Volanaro 05:02, 12 April 2008 (EDT)
- You have to sleep in the house first, as already stated on the quest page. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 05:16, 7 April 2008 (EDT)
- I don't want to level-up my character. Any console command alternative to sleeping so I wont go up a level?
- No console command required. You can stop where you are and press T, then specify the number of hours you want to rest. This allows you to rest and heal without actually sleeping.
- I think you have to sleep in a bed/bedroll to advance the quest. Look at the quest page and look at the second list of notes. There you will find the console command to advance the quest to wherever you want to.Bambobo 17:21, 1 July 2008 (EDT)
- No console command required. You can stop where you are and press T, then specify the number of hours you want to rest. This allows you to rest and heal without actually sleeping.
Lorgren! Where are you?
uuh... his skeleton isn't where it should be... well... it isn't anywhere! Please help me! --220.127.116.11 17:18, 16 August 2008 (EDT)
- Encountered same thing a year later and still no answer... Guessing some mods replace it? — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk)
- They should disappear once you have not visited Benirus Manor for 72 hours. --Timenn < talk > 07:13, 14 October 2008 (EDT)
Velwyn won't come
i slept in the house i have done everything to go right i found him and i got the note i showed it to him well i talked after i had got the note anyway but he still wont come can anyone help me i want to kill him — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on 12 October 2008
- Did you pick up the skeleton hand? It is required, otherwise he refuses to come with you. --Timenn < talk > 08:37, 14 October 2008 (EDT)
Title of quest
The quest's title is surely a paraphrased reference to something or other. The only thing I can find is a poem by Robert Service called The Spell of the Yukon which contains the couplet,
- It's the great, big, broad land 'way up yonder,
- It's the forests where silence has lease;
I'd like to suppose that this quest's title was inspired by, either the poem, or perhaps by a Star Trek TNG episode "Where silence has lease" (which is preoccupied with the topic of death); but the link isn't strong. Any suggestions? Petrushka 20:56, 20 October 2008 (EDT)
- It could also possibly have to do with the fact that leasing is a temporary form of home ownership, and the house is haunted by ghosts. --Darkle ~ Talk 23:39, 20 October 2008 (EDT)
That much seems clear. However, it is presumably intended to be a pun or reference to something or other as well. Petrushka 02:50, 29 November 2008 (EST)
The Guy entered the Portal without me!!!!!!!
I have a HUGE PROBLEM!...So i finally got the stupid guy to stop waving his hands by leaving two times and sleeping a few times....but then when i came back the third time...he was gone. I was able to use 'Detect Life' and found that he has already proceeded through the portal with out me and just keeps pacing. The quest says that the only way to enter the portal is with him..and now that i don't have him on this side of the portal with me anymore.... then how am i supposed to enter through the portal? ANY SUGGESTIONS???? I don't want to have just wasted 5000 gold for a haunted house, which becomes a pain in the ass!...
- ok try activating the portal yourself if he opened it you can do it by yourself whenever you want plus I think the dead guy came to life without you activating the skeleton because the other guy runs away after opening the portol — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) on 7 August 2009
Tidle key on your keyboard opens the console, click with your mouse on the portal, type unlock, Enter key, then tidle key again to close the console. The secret door/portal will now open when you press spacebar. Hope this helps.
Secret Door still Glowing
Hey all, I really like roleplaying with my vampire and he uses the secret room as a place to rest instead of his bed. After doing the quest the ghost corpses have disappeared but the secret door is constantly glowing. I see on other games it just looks like some writing on the wall and when you open it it then starts to glow. But for me, it is always glowing, and when I open it the lighting twitches and fades and it looks like a lightbulb shorting out. I use Xbox360, what should I do? I've already spent tons of time outside the house resting other places hoping it will go away.
Portal Bug on PS3
I am having the same bug as the PC, where the guy wont open the portal. He just waves his hands forever. Now, I have completed all the parts of the quest, including bringing him back from Imperial City and picking him up at the Inn back in Anvil. The first time I went through this, I got right in, but died. Now I cant get him to open the door no matter what I try. I've tried Charm spells, waiting, saving, power off, leaving, coming back, ect. Its been almost a month of Oblivion time, and he is still down there waving his arms. Has anyone found a way to get his butt in gear??
Punkwood2k 12:39, 26 December 2008 (EST)
the same thing is happening to me he just stands there waving his arms and i have killed him waited charmed him but he just does nothing but wave his arms around!!!!!! 188.8.131.52 21:30, 17 June 2009 (EDT)
- Have you tried leaving Anvil altogether? Perhaps wait a bit before returning. Perhaps that can help to reset his behaviour. --Timenn < talk > 09:33, 19 June 2009 (EDT)
I started this quest the other day, bought the house as normal, but when I slept in it the first night instead of waking up and being attacked by ghosts I was instead greeted with a quest message, I forget the details but It was something along the lines of "You dream of someone sleeping soundly, then the door opens and someone walks in the room, he feeds on the sleeping person, you look at he face of the stranger and reconize yourself!" I woke up and was attacked by ghosts but I had (25)vampirism,maybe I was bit by a vampire before the quest started? — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) on 21 January 2009
- Yup - this quest has nothing to do with vampirism, so you must have been infected before it started. The scripting for turning into a vampire overrides the scripting on the quest. Coincidentally, the first time I did this quest exactly the same thing happened, and it was that event that led me to this site for the first time! –Rpeh•T•C•E• 00:49, 22 January 2009 (EST)
Hey. I've got a major problem with this quest. I've killed the ghosts after waking up, and found the skeleton hand. But I just can't find the diary! I've just spent half an hour searching absolutely every possible corner of the house for it. It's not under the hand as it's supposed to be, and it's definetly not anywhere else. The only solution I can think of is that I have knocked it under the cabinet by mistake, as I killed the ghosts with spells, but I think of this as highly unlikely, as the hand, wich was supposed to lie ontop of it, was untouched. PLEASE help, I have no idea how to complete this now.
The funny thing is i found the diary entry to the left of the hand not under it every time i use a different profile maybe you did nock it under or it has fallen through the floor what somtimes happens to me aswell--NathanTHipgrave 10:28, 6 February 2009 (EST)
Thanks. Acctually, I've found a solution to my own problem. This is a bug that occurs, it misplaces the note somewhere else in the world. But if you exit the house and come back after a few days (I don't know for sure how many it takes), it will respawn on the floor where it's supposed to be. I have now completed this quest, and can assure that it is definetly worth it. The house is restored afterwards, and looks great.
This is just weird. I completed the Benirus Manor quest... and that's all fine and dandy. But now, food items (Carrots, apples and meat) respawn regularly ON TABLES AND DESKS. The containers are safe - nothing in them changed - but I keep finding food on the tables, and I clearly remember not leaving any food out.
It's not a BAD thing - hey, free food! - but it's incredibly creepy. I have no idea what caused this behavior, honestly. Anyone here had the same thing happen to them? GenocideHeart 14:35, 28 February 2009 (EST)
- This isn't a bug; when you complete the quest the whole house is refurbished, and this includes spawning food on the tables. --SerCenKing 13:44, 28 February 2009 (EST)
- I know that, but even after I take the food OFF the table, if I leave it and let 24 hours ingame pass, it reappears. Is it supposed to do that? Repeatedly? GenocideHeart 14:09, 28 February 2009 (EST)
- Yes, the food seems to respawn every three days or so; much like normal dungeons. --SerCenKing 14:17, 28 February 2009 (EST)
- Thanks for clarifying, then. Never noticed that... GenocideHeart 14:35, 28 February 2009 (EST)
Never got the Staff of Flame
After I killed off Lorgren, I found no staff on his body. Was there anything else I was supposed to do to get the staff?
- He could have dropped it on the ground when you killed him. Look around his corpse and around the room. It could have also fallen through the floor unfortunately. -Nesskid 18:14, 15 March 2009 (EDT)
if you are on pc and you really want it and you can't really can't find it type in the console player.additem 0001CECC "1"
Velwyn refuses to help.
Moved from User talk:Dzmttsh
Everything followed the script until I asked Velwyn to help lift the curse all he said was that I had bought the house and it was my problem now. No matter if I leave and come back latter or not he still refuses to help me, whats weird is my diposition is at a hundred why I don't know ? Whats up with this guy ? 220.127.116.11 20:22, 16 March 2009 (EDT)
- I don't actually see the problem: after Velwyn has lifted the curse and opened the portal it's up to you to defeat the lich; there is no way to get Velwyn to help you. --SerCenKing 04:03, 17 March 2009 (EDT)
you probably did the same thing i did. you read the note by the skeletal hand, but didn't take it. go back to the house and pick it up.
Velwyn Odd Location in Inn
I am assuming he will fix himself, but, I went to the Inn in the Imperial City to find Velwyn. He's there, because the green quest arrow points to him, and I can see him... sort of. I can see him with "detect life". He's in the staircase! So he's not upstairs and he's not anywhere, really. I am hoping he's there as some sort of placeholder (he's there, but he's not accessible), although that doesn't make much sense. Being in the staircase doesn't make any sense anyway. It's not like his head or his feet are sticking out or anything, it's very strange. I can see he's walking around a little bit. Hopefully he will spawn in a normal location if I go somewhere else and let some time pass.--18.104.22.168 01:02, 7 April 2009 (EDT)
- If he doesn't show up after some time passes, you'll likely just need to load an older save, unless you're on PC. It's probably just a one-off glitch. --GuildKnightTalk2me 13:37, 14 April 2009 (EDT)
- It has happened to me as well. Just leave and come back, or wait a day, etc.
Hmm, here the manor costs me 20.000 to buy! I think I have to use the duplication trick to gather so much gold... 22.214.171.124
- You've probably got Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul loaded, or another mod that increases the cost of the houses. You shouldn't have any problem acquiring that much, though (my level 12 char currently has about 70k). --Gaebrial 03:23, 30 April 2009 (EDT)
The skelton guy wont come
So i got everything, the hand the note, when i go to the necromancer place and click his body nothing happends. Can someone please help me i want to get the house. — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 03:34 on 8 August 2009
- when you said click his body do you mean click the alter? — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 16:14 on 8 August 2009
Is he a follower? I know I can give him commands but I am the follower not him. I read the quest and he doesnt follow you after he goes to the basement. — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 05:56 on 20 August 2009
- No, he's not a follower in any sense. He will go to the basement at the appropriate time, pausing to wait for you if you stray too far, but will not follow you anywhere. —Robin Hood (Talk • E-mail • Contribs) 04:50, 16 September 2009 (UTC)
Velwyn Won't enter house
I meet him at Countes arms, follow him to the front of the house but then he won't go in I've tryed everything .Entering the house, exiting the house, asking him to follow me, tryed attacking him and running inside. But nothing is working and im starting to get realy frustrated. — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 08:01 on 22 August 2009
Wabbajack does not work
I removed the following note:
- The Wabbajack will work on Lorgren. While he might turn into something more benign, there is, however always a chance of summoning a more powerful creature.
On an Xbox 360 at level 14, I tried this battle 3 times. Each time the Wabbajack did not change Lorgren Benirus. The last time I hit him 4 times with the Wabbajack. He did not change. I suspect that he absorbs the Wabbajack spell. Maybe it works on lower levels or will lower difficulty.
- Lorgren Benirus has quite a few resistances. 25% of Spell Absorption, Resist Magicka and Reflect Spell each. Couldn't it be you were just unlucky? --Timenn-<talk> 11:32, 19 October 2009 (UTC)
|Prev: None||Up: Oblivion talk:Where Spirits Have Lease||Next: None|