Oblivion talk:Varla Stone
Varla Stone in Fanacasecul
I could've sworn that I found a Varla Stone in Fanacasecul, although it must've either been a glitch or a mistooken Welkynd Stone. Just want to clarify: There ARE no Varla Stones in Fanacasecul, correct?
Also, am I correct in assuming that you have to steal the one Varla Stone that you can find in that one castle in a display case? Razorflame 11:19, 7 May 2009 (EDT)
- Correct and correct. As noted under the 'Treasure' heading here, there are 10 Welkynd Stones but no Varla. And yes, taking the Varla stone in the display case in Castle Chorrol is considered stealing. --SerCenKing Talk 12:12, 7 May 2009 (EDT)
- Ok, thanks for the help :) I've been working on gathering up all the Welkynd and Varla Stones that are in the game, just because I like doing the tedious and monotonous tasks like that, and so far, I've found something like 16-18 Varla Stones and between 56 and 60 Welkynd Stones. Razorflame 12:18, 7 May 2009 (EDT)
56 Varla Stones
I counted and it was 56 other than the random loot one... --18.104.22.168 20:37, 4 August 2009 (UTC) mikespartan101
something incorrect on the game
The base price of a varla stone is 1000 but when i sell for 55% worth it sells for 557 gold. can anyone explain this? Mikeyboy52 14:55, 6 January 2010 (UTC)
- Probably a rounding error in the calculations, or a glitch as a result of your mercantile skill. --Itachi 15:09, 6 January 2010 (UTC)
Can't be duplicated via Arrow/Scroll Glitch?
Unless I'm mistaken, but it seems that Varla Stones cannot be duplicated by this method, meaning that they are truly limited on the 360/PS3. A shame because I hate using limited items in any game unless necessary. — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 15:58 on 15 August 2010
- The arrow duplication glitch was removed in the latest patch, however, the ability to duplicate via scroll glitch remains. I've just tested duplicating a Varla Stone via the scroll glitch, and it worked. 126.96.36.199 05:33, 13 September 2010 (UTC)
- I've been trying to dup a varla stone on PS3 and it won't work. I can dup other stuff just fine though. It's not stolen and it stacks with all my other varla stones. I even tried fencing it just to be sure, still nothing. Obviously, varla stones cannot be duped using the scroll glitch on the PS3. 188.8.131.52 07:11, 22 July 2011 (UTC)
- I have been able to duplicate Varla Stones on the PS3 (Both GOTY edition and Original). I struggled at first but if you drop all except one, try to do it in a house which you own and only make up to 3 copies on the first attempt (afterwards it doesn't seem to matter). This method usually works for me, let me know if this helps.-- Masterlocksmith 08:35, 22 July 2011 (UTC)
- Ive tried duping my varla stone from battlehorn castle and it didn't work. Chris-the-killer 20:31, 25 October 2011 (UTC)
Opening at the top of cages???
I have 100 acrobatics, and often go Varla stone-hunting. However, I have never encountered any Varla cages with openings at the top. Could anyone clarify this?184.108.40.206 03:03, 2 June 2012 (UTC)
- I've only ever encountered two, although I only checked a handful of the ones I ran across. So, they are rare, but they do exist. • JATalk 04:10, 2 June 2012 (UTC)
- No, they don't. Having checked all 56 Varla Stones in vanilla Oblivion, exactly none of them are extractable from the tops of their cages. I'll wait a few days for any response to this entry and then remove the errant claim from the article. In the meantime somebody or anybody is invited to explain where, specifically, these removable Varla Stones can be found. — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 02:44 on 22 June 2018