Oblivion talk:The Elven Maiden/Archive 1
|This is an archive of past Oblivion talk:The Elven Maiden discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page, except for maintenance such as updating links.|
- 1 Glitch?
- 2 Needs Clarification
- 3 Needs Help
- 4 Addition notes
- 5 Llathasa's Spirit
- 6 Quest Item bug
- 7 Quest Updates Glitch
- 8 Armand disappear bug
- 9 Overhearing Lex Inquiry
- 10 Bounty for no reason?
- 11 Chapel Guard and Dark Brotherhood
- 12 Reappearing Bust
- 13 Stuck in View Mode
- 14 Bug? Lex has disappeared!
(PC edition, with patch)
I got this quest and got the journal entry saying where it was, but I was busy doing other things and neglected to steal the bust (I actually entered the temple (but not the crypt), read the UESP walkthrough, and purposely avoided getting the bust because I wanted to face neither the guard or the ghost at the time).
But when I returned to the Waterfront after some time, all the guards were asking me if I knew where Armand was hiding. Methredhel came up to me and told me that I had to frame somebody. I haven't explored the quest further, so I don't know if I screwed it up. All I know is that I still don't have the bust and having a guard ask where Armand is ever 6 seconds is annoying.
- In case any one is still interested in an answer six monhs later, it doesn't sound to me like this is a glitch, just the usual way the quest plays out. If you want to get the guards to stop asking you about Armand, you probably just need to proceed with the quest: steal the bust, etc. --Nephele 01:24, 6 January 2007 (EST)
The following text was added to the notes section:
- BUG: Sometimes Armand will NOT appear in the Garden of Daelroth.
It's not clear what about this is supposed to be a bug. First, Armand will only ever appear in the Garden of Dareloth near midnight: what time of day are you trying to find him? Second, once you've stolen the bust, Armand will definitely not appear in the Garden until you've finished the quest. That's not a bug, but the way that the quest is supposed to play out. So where in the quest are you when you hit this problem? --Nephele 01:24, 6 January 2007 (EST)
*****Strangely I encountered this bug after comlpeting the quest successfully (wasnt caught, completed quickly, wasnt thrown out of thieves guild etc.) but luckily I read everyone posts and fixed it. After turning in Myrva-whatever to Heironymous Lex, Amrand Christophe wasnt showing up at the Garden of Dareloth, no matter how long I waited. So then I read that when he is in hiding from the guards he is in one of the Trading Co. Warehouses in the Waterfront District (the warehouse furthest away from the annoying people at the pirate ship at the end of the Waterfront semi-circle, I believe the warehouse he is in is across from the ship that is actually an inn/alehouse). So I went to the warehouse and Armand was just hanging out with his torch in front of the door. I talked to him and completed the quest and he still wouldnt move after two days, he just stayed there in front of the warehouse instead of walking back to his house or to the garden, and this is at 4 AM. I then break into the warehouse he's standing in front of and then walk back out, and THEN he starts mozying back to where he's supposed to be at that particular time(at his house, I guess). So DONT GIVE UP! I almost stopped playing because of this, but I almost positive that no matter the circumstances of your glitch, you can steal the bust, find him and talk to him and it will be fixed. Also, check out what someone else posted at the bottom of this page, they mentioned where Armand could also be if he's not at the warehouse, goodluck!
My girlfriend is currently having an issue also with this quest. She's completed most of the quest but in a glitchy way. After she initiated the quest, she got thrown out of the theives guild because she killed a guild member. So she paid Armand the fine, was reinstated and then tried to continue the quest.
The problem is that the guards are swarming the area looking for Armand, tried to speak with Methedryl to find Armand and MEthedryl wouldn't tell her anything, and also wasn't in hiding. So she spoke ot a beggar, got the busts location, stole it, placed it in the cupboard to frame the argonian and lex took her away. However, Armand, doesn't show up at midnight at the garden making the quest unable to complete. Anyone know where he's hiding?
- During this quest, Armand is supposed to be in hiding in a basement in one of the Imperial Trading Company Warehouses along the waterfront (cell ICWaterfrontImpTradingCo02Basement), although I've never looked for him there myself. From what you say, though, I don't see any reason why he should still be in hiding (once the quest reaches stage 70, the instructions to stay in the basement expire. If your quest log has the update "Hieronymous Lex found the bust I planted", you're past stage 70).
- So if you don't have any luck in warehouse basements, you might want to wait another day and try the garden at midnight again. Or check his standard haunts: most of the time in his house in the waterfront, 5pm-7pm weekdays at the All Saint's Inn, noon-6pm Sunday in the Market District. Good luck finding him! --Nephele 18:50, 8 January 2007 (EST)
The guard in the undercroft has a set route - map pic with arrows will help - or just mention route? self-evident if you observe her for around 30 seconds - to assist with sneaking route for completion
This article makes it seem like the spirit will appear when you take the bust. It only appears for me when I search her coffin, and I talked to the beggars for the location and just heading straight to the chapel... 22.214.171.124 20:49, 22 August 2007 (EDT)
- You're right. The appearance of Llathasa's spirit is triggered by activating the coffin. Picking up the bust updates your quest but looks like it should have no effect on the spirit. I'll update the article accordingly. --NepheleTalk 20:59, 22 August 2007 (EDT)
Quest Item bug
I stole the bust, and have returned to the Waterfront. I am attempting to frame the snitch, but I sneak into her house, go to the cupboard and am told that I can't drop the bust there because it is "a quest item". I can't complete the quest without framing her, but I can't frame her until I can drop it. Any ideas?
- Are you at the correct cupboard? When you go to the correct cupboard, just activating it will automatically take the bust out of your inventory; you do not need to drop the bust. Double check the quest page for details on which cupboard you are supposed to be putting the bust into. --NepheleTalk 14:44, 28 September 2007 (EDT)
I stole the bust. I was caught doing so and was chased from the town to the waterfront but got away with it. I have the missing Armande glitch. I got caught thieving from the guild and waited for maybe another week, and went to s'krivva in the end. He still has not appeared. This is on the Xbox 360. Should I just keep trying or give up? Seems I did all I could. I also just checked the office and warehouses all along the waterfront, not there.
Quest Updates Glitch
Sorry for making a second post to the same problem, but I couldn't figure out how to comment to the thread on this issue.
I had the same problem with the quest updating without stealing the bust. I'm supposed to plant it in the cupboard, and I don't yet have it. I'm not quite sure why this happened, but I think it has something to do with starting the quest, and then getting side-tracked. I still haven't gotten around to stealing the bust because I like to follow the green arrow.. But you can probably just use the wiki's walkthrough of the quest to find the Bust (not that it should be hard to find). After you complete the quest, the guards should shut up about the Doyen.
Mike 20:29, 8 January 2008 (EST)Mike Anthony
Armand disappear bug
(Xbox 360 GOTY version) (Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine material installed)
I added another "possible" solution under the Bugs section for when Armand disappears. I stole the bust without being detected. I didn't get the blood price quest, nor did I kill anyone. When I came back to the docks the guards were running around, and Armand was chilling outside one of the warehouses... I talked to him and he said "I'm supposed to be in hiding blah" and immediately went inside the Trading Company Warehouse furthest from the Pirate ship. I followed him and initiated more conversation.
I believe that "locked" him in place. I talked to Methredel, planted the bust in Myvryna's cupboard, pinned her by talking to Hieronymus, and got the journal entry about meeting him at "next midnight"... but he never showed up. On the hunch I'd locked him up I re-entered and exited all the warehouses (I started at the Pirate ship so I didn't enter "his" warehouse until the end) and then he appeared outside the door on the dock, carrying his torch back home - this was around 9pm game time. At midnight he showed in the garden.
I removed the following lines from the Bugs section:
This is possibly caused by the player previously pickpocketing Armand and removing his Imperial Trading Company Key. The result is that Armand ends up locked into the Imperial Trading Company Warehouse basement where he hides during this quest.
Simply unlocking the door to the warehouse should be enough to release Armand.
This is almost certainly wrong. I've been trying to find why he doesn't show up, and I'm pretty sure that it's just because it was neglected to call EvaluatePackage on him at any time when he's due to reappear in the Garden (I fixed this already in a previous UOP. ) To test the above, I locked the basement and exterior doors where he hides, removed his key with a console command, and he still was able to leave, several times. I even locked the doors with level 100 (unpickable/key required) and followed him from the basement and watched him open the unpickable doors with no key and still show up on schedule. Kivan 02:20, 12 May 2008 (EDT)
- I pickpocked Armand long before the quest, so when it came to him hiding from the guards, he couldn't get [b]into[/b] the trading company so was just stood outside in plain sight by the door. Come midnight he didn't appear in the gardens, but was still stood outside the trading company with a torch. He quite happily gave me the promotion there instead of in the gardens! Bonsai nine 13:37, 28 May 2008 (EDT)
Overhearing Lex Inquiry
I have the PS3 version and I've been playing for a while. I was curious about the journal entry "I overheard the pompous Hieronymous Lex say that there is an informant in the Thieves Guild." and I thought about listening to what Lex says, but he never seems to say it when I try the quest. What triggers this?
- I can't find anything that triggers this but I might be missing something. I can't even find a line of dialogue from Lex that would match that update but I'm marking this as a good question in the hope somebody else can find it. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 15:06, 15 March 2008 (EDT)
- I may be wrong or remembering things wrong, but I think he mentions he has an informant when he's talking to another guard in the Waterfront. I can't remember when, or even if he does, but if it helps that could be a place to start. Figgy 01:58, 23 May 2008 (EDT)
Bounty for no reason?
Ok, so I stole the bust, then as the article suggests, let the chapel guard see me and chase me outside, so the town guards will kill her. However, I tried this, but as soon as she follows me outside I recieve a 40 gold bounty for no apparant reason. As soon as I get outside I have no bounty, and can talk to the guards just fine. As soon as she gets outside I recieve the bounty. Anyone know what could have caused this? Thanks in advance. Tommo400 10:07, 1 June 2008 (EDT)
- Obvious question first - are you sure you didn't already have the bounty before you entered the chapel? — Unsigned comment by Rpeh (talk • contribs)
- I'm guessing that it's a similar situation to the 'trespassing a castle's private quarters' situation, which according to the Crime article will "cause any of the residents to attack you upon sight. If you leave the quarters you will be approached by a guard and charged with a 40 gold bounty, even if you do not harm anyone." As you are trespassing in the chapel, and the guard sees you and attacks, you get the bounty. --Gaebrial 04:03, 2 June 2008 (EDT)
Ah I see, that was probably why then, because one of the priests also attacked me. However, I definately didn't have a bounty when I first left the chapel. I got around it by re-entering the chapel before she left it. Then I didn't recieve the bounty, the priest didn't attack me, and I got the ghost to kill the guard just fine. It all seems a bit screwed up to me, but it worked. Tommo400 15:50, 2 June 2008 (EDT)
Chapel Guard and Dark Brotherhood
On the notes for this quest, it says
- After you complete the quest, the Chapel Guard guard remains on patrol in the Chapel Undercroft, and respawns if killed. She still attacks you on sight, though blood price no longer applies. If you kill her, you can take her nearly-complete set of chainmail armor. Beware that killing her still counts as a murder, even though she attacks first. If, however, she dies without alerting any other NPCs (which is usually the case, as she's normally the only NPC around), you will not receive a bounty but still be noted for the murder. This is also useful if you would like to get your thief character into the Dark Brotherhood.
I've reached the missions for the Gray Fox (Arrow of Extrication, to be precise) and have been toying around with this (v1.2, with no plugins or mods, in case something's been changed in a patch) and nothing I do ever considers her death as murder. It doesn't matter who attacks first or if she ever sees me, I never get a mark against my name for murder and I never get the "Your killing has been observed by forces unknown...." message. Is there any truth to what is said in the latter half of this note? --Dalimyr 09:03, 26 July 2008 (EDT)
- Are you sure you haven't gotten that note already for some other murder? I killed her, yet I got the message. Try sleeping somewhere (sleeping, not resting) and check your journal for the Dark Brotherhood initiation quest just in case. Vesna 12:08, 26 July 2008 (EDT)
- At the time I had 0 murders, before and after killing her. I've since gone off and killed an Adventurer in Dzonot Cave to get my first recorded murder, but I do still have an old save from before that, so I've loaded that up to test further. Went to Cheydinhal Chapel, into the undercroft, killed the chapel guard...nothing. Not the message about my killing being observed and I had Murders: 0 on my record. For the sake of what you were saying about possibly having received it already for another murder (or possibly just randomly triggering it despite having murdered nobody), I left the undercroft and popped into the chapel hall where some residents were eating. I killed Gruiand Garrana and got the message about my killing being observed when she died (and Murders: 1 on my record). My record of assaults also went up by one at some point in the two fights, which I'm guessing was for attacking Gruiand Garrana and not for attacking the guard. --Dalimyr 17:03, 26 July 2008 (EDT)
Does the bust get retured to the undercroft after the quest is completed? Because I'm after sneaking down into the undercroft and I found the bust sticking out of the wall as if collision was off or something. Is it a one time thing or is it supposed to be put back? 126.96.36.199 09:37, 6 April 2009 (EDT)
- The bust is supposed to reappear; the script for this quest puts a new copy of the bust back in Cheydinhal. There is a bug that makes it appear too low, so it appears sticking out of the wall (the reference point of the marker is right on the shelf, yet the corresponding point on the bust is at the top of the head, so it will always appear too low). Making a small mod that moves that Xmarker's Z position to -150.1600 instead should fix the problem (at least it did for me, but it will require that you enable such a mod before finishing the quest). --188.8.131.52 16:06, 29 April 2009 (EDT)
Stuck in View Mode
- (moved from the article)
If you put the bust in Mvyryna's cupboard, then take it out before Lex arrives, you will be stuck in view-mode
This doesn't happen. I checked twice in-game and if the bust isn't in the cupboard, you don't get the option to tell Lex that Myvryna has the bust. Looking in the CS, the reason is clear. Lex's greeting "What do you want? Can't you see I'm in the middle of an investigation?" has a script that sets a variable called
TG03Elven.BustInCupboard. The "Myvryna Arano has it." response is only available if that variable is set to 1. If anybody has found anything different, it's a one-off glitch rather than a regular one. –rpeh•T•C•E• 18:47, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
Bug? Lex has disappeared!
Hi, I've hidden the statue in the correct cupboard a couple of (IRL) weeks ago, but I'm still not able to find Lex. He seems to have entirely disappeared from the game! Although I found on a forum somewhere else on the internet that he eats his meal at the Bloated Float, waiting for him there hasn't helped: he didn't show up during the in-game days I waited for him. Is there a way to let him reappear? I'd like to continue the thieves guild quests!
The quest marker acts weird too. On the overview map, the marker continuously points at the beggar houses at the waterfront, but on the "zoomed map", it points at the temple district. However when I go there, it points to Talos plaza, and when I go there, it points to the waterfront again. It makes me crazy... in the meantime I have done several other quests, hoping that Lex would suddenly appear before me, but so far I haven't seen him yet.
Does somebody else have a clue where he might be?
Regards, 184.108.40.206 18:48, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- Lex has reappeared! I don't know if it was because of some "reset" due to the Bloated Float quest I did tonight, a "reset" because I got kicked out of the thieves guild or just because I put the two editions of the Black Horse Courier from the chest in my house back into my inventory, but at least I can continue with the thieves guild quests now :-) 220.127.116.11 19:47, 23 July 2009 (UTC)
|Prev: None||Up: Oblivion talk:The Elven Maiden||Next: None|