- 1 No hit effect
- 2 Can't grab an item after telekinesis effect expires ...
- 3 Spell Absorption
- 4 Not Increasing Mysticism
- 5 Weird Idea
- 6 Silver Pitcher
- 7 Telekekinesis v Grab
- 8 Infinite High Level Casting, nearly like god mode
- 9 Telekinesis....CRASH
- 10 throwing items with telekinesis
- 11 Telekinesis as a defensive spell?
- 12 Telekinesis scrolls
- 13 Can't open containers with this spell?
- 14 Telekinesis bugs
No hit effect
In the construction set, this is the only spell flagged with "No hit effect". Does anyone have any idea what this flag means? --Nephele 23:30, 10 August 2006 (EDT)
- I'm just guessing, but it might mean that there's no visual effect when the spell hits the object. --220.127.116.11 13:33, 21 February 2007 (EST)
- No, the object you use it on highlights pink for a second. My guess is that the "No hit effect" is so that the objects don't do any damage when flung. That, or so it has no effect on people.--Master of cheeZ 01:11, 20 September 2009 (UTC)
Can't grab an item after telekinesis effect expires ...
It seems I can't grab an item after telekinesis expires unless I recast it or select another spell. While this is happening, the item's name shows up on the display in orange instead of white. Is this fixed by a patch?
- The spell causes you to be able to see all activatable items in your line of sight, even if you aren't near enough to activate them. Move a little closer to the item and you'll be able to pikc it up. 18.104.22.168 13:59, 6 June 2009 (EDT)
I've been messing around with Spell Absorption as part of a series of tests, and as far as I can tell, having 100% Spell Absorption can interfere with a Telekinesis spell. I tried several dozen times with 105% SA, and nothing happened. I removed everything, it worked fine. I had 60%, and it worked about half the time. So it would seem that whatever effects Telekinesis has, it counts as a spell against you, and so will be blocked by Spell Absorption. Should this be added to the article? --Mikekearn 06:04, 10 June 2007 (EDT)
- I've decided to just go ahead and put it up there anyways for now, and if anyone wants to change it or anything go ahead and let me know. --Mikekearn 07:37, 10 June 2007 (EDT)
- I can concur that Spell Absorption blocks Telekinesis. It may be be a combination of several factors, but when I cast a Telekinesis spell my Magicka often increases. It occurs with Spell Absorption at 115% and Spell Reflection at 50%. I think the Spell Reflection may play a role because I do not always gain Magicka. UGA Dan 17:33, 17 June 2007 (EDT)
Not Increasing Mysticism
I've been using the cheapest Telekinesis spell a lot recently, and I've just realized that it's not actually training my Mysticism skill at all. All other Mysticism spells are working fine, but this Telekinesis one, and even the Telekinesis ones I make at the Altar don't raise the red bar or gain me experience at all. Is there anything that might be causing this, or is it a known issue with anything? It's particularly annoying as, apart from Soul Trap, it's the most commonly used Mysticism spell I use and it's rather mucking up my leveling having it not work.
- Given the delay since your question, it looks like nobody knows the answer. All I can suggest is that you spend a few minutes repeatedly casting the spell and ending it again (save first in case it doesn't work). If you check the position of the mysticism slider before and after, you should get some kind of result. If you find out one way or the other, please let us know! --RpehTalk 11:00, 29 June 2007 (EDT)
- It may be a glitch. I've had something similar happen, though I can't remember the spell- I just trained in another school for a while and it worked again.
- I understand this post has not been visited for a while, but I'm now having exactly the same problem - Telekinesis always increased my Mysticism before - now, it doesn't. I don't think there is a solution to this - I just train with other Mysticism spells now. However, I would be intrested if anyone has a solution. - Iostream 11:58, 21 August 2008 (EDT)
I'm just going to take a wild guess but if I remember correctly, telekinesis spells are target based. Are you sure it's hitting said target? Remember, a spell is only trained if it makes contact on an appropriate target.
- Doesn't matter if you target something or not. Mysticism is still the same.
I have two separate mage characters and it is not raising it for either. I wonder why this is not a more common problem? Maybe most people don't realize it. 22.214.171.124 07:40, 19 December 2009 (UTC)
I just had this idea. I bought a house in Chorrol and bought a study room, but the bookcases were empty. Could you place books in there by using telekinesis? It would be cool if you could decorate your house like that. Also, useless ID's are now somewhat useful (Given this works). If you'd be fascinated by, for example, yarns, you could just put them on a table in your house. Would be cool if someone could test this. I can't do myself my mysticism is too low. — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk)
- Yeah, that would work. Or you could just use grab, which doesn't require any mysticism skill or spells. --NepheleTalk 02:58, 14 May 2008 (EDT)
- Thanks, that's way better actually. I didn't know something like that existed. 188.8.131.52 03:02, 14 May 2008 (EDT)
- Yep, it works. I've used it to decorate my Cheydinhal house. Telekinesis is a blessing when it comes to putting books on shelves. x) haha Just use grab to position the book however you want it, and then use Telekinesis to pick it up and slide it onto the shelf. *BOOM*mind blown. Hope this helps! :). --184.108.40.206 19:45, 22 June 2013 (CST)
For some reason the silver pitcher can't be manipulated using telekinesis. I'm sure there are other items that can't too, but this is the first one I noticed.--Imperial Scum 22:25, 21 May 2008 (EDT)
Telekekinesis v Grab
So, what exactly is the use of a telekinesis spell if you can do the same thing with grab, albeit with less range. Seems like a waste of magicka to me.
- See the article for the common uses for Telekinesis, the bigger range allows you to do certain things you can't with grab. --Timenn < talk > 10:32, 26 September 2008 (EDT)
Infinite High Level Casting, nearly like god mode
With Spell Absorption 100 and Mysticism 100 you can add Telekinesis to high level custom spells costing up to half your magicka minus one and then you will be able to cast it repeatedly on fast cast without running out of magicka. Specifically Telekinesis regenerates 28 points for ever 5 points spent on it at 100 Mysticism and 100 Spell Absorption (tested with 104 spell absorption and 100 mysticism) so if you have 200 magicka you can make a spell costing 99 magicka of which 20 points are spent on telekinesis and 79 points are spent on damage/weakness stacking and or or other desired effects. You will then be able to cast said spell infinitely without ever running out of magicka. I feel this should be on a page SOMEWHERE but am not sure where as it is easily one of the most powerful techniques in the game and makes a high elf atronach with 450 magicka plus items truly godlike. Maybe this is the right page? I have also added this comment to the Spell Absorption talk page. Perhaps it should be under end game optimizing or useful spells or all four of these? Feel free to add it anywhere. I have not found it on the site but am not so good at the wiki. 220.127.116.11 12:17, 22 February 2010 (UTC)
when ever i use telekinesis on the same item twice or on the ground my game....crashs:( does anybody know the reason?i don't really use it much so it doesn't really matter but it would be nice to know why.thanks!
any body know why?--GUM!!! 18:24, 11 April 2010 (UTC)
throwing items with telekinesis
can you throw items with with the telekinesis, spell
yes you can you have to pull the object all the way towards you, then push it away from you and then drop it, and it will throw.
If you push the object all the way away from you, then try to drop it, it will launch in whatever direction you're aiming in.
Telekinesis as a defensive spell?
I have yet to test this, but I've heard that (With good aim, and a quick finger) you can catch arrows mid-flight with Telekinesis. I've also read that you can halt cave-in traps by grabbing a large rock before it hits, and using it as a shield. Can anyone verify? — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 18:45 on 23 September 2010
- I can't confirm it 100%, but it makes sense, as I know the rocks react to things like area spells. The best way to find out is to try it yourself. If you find anything out for certain, please let us know. – Robin Hood↝talk 23:36, 30 September 2010 (UTC)
That makes sense because telekenesis is essentially grab on steroids, and when you trip a tripwire you can save youself by grabbing the swinging item hurtling towards your face.
OK I've been playing the game since forever, trying to finish it with all possible races, exploring everything.
I'm very surprised that I'm the first one to bring this up after all this time, but telekinesis scrolls don't work. They always "miss". I ain't posting on the main page to avoid idiotic "possibly false info" edits, but it's easy to confirm, so someone else that can be bothered doing so, may update the main as well. — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on 7 March 2011
- Same. JackTurbo95 11:55, 7 March 2011 (UTC)
(←) ok i just have a question what if you can only move the stuff that you are holding in your hand like on your palm like a pen and u can roll it over very slowly but you cant do it if its not in your hand? is it like a my mind playing tricks or just a stage of telekinesis if yes how do i improve it and if anyone can help please i have more questions thanks — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) on 19 April 2012
- They will work if another spell or scroll with telekinesis is selected before the casting animation completes. Migck (talk) 16:05, 25 December 2012 (GMT)
Can't open containers with this spell?
I have tried using telekinesis spells to search hanging corpses but it doesn't seem to work. I get the open container cursor and the message "Open Corpse" flashes but I can't do it. Can you not use it to open containers? --188.8.131.52 19:54, 11 July 2012 (UTC)
- On the article it says "icons will appear for items which you cannot interact with using Telekinesis, i.e. containers." so I would assume you cant. — Kimi the Elf (talk | contribs) 20:03, 11 July 2012 (UTC)
- Oh, I didn't see that part. Thanks.--184.108.40.206 21:00, 11 July 2012 (UTC)
I apologize for advertising my mod, that was probably in poor taste.