Oblivion talk:Fathis Aren's Tower
There is another way out of the Grotto. Go down the increasingly deep pit where the Giant Slaughterfish is located. Once you go through the hole at the bottom, find a path. At the end of this path is an exit which leads outside-- to the very bottom of the Niben Bay. Hope you know how to swim.
It's not mentioned here, and the page on Mudcrabs says there's only one giant one found in Greenmead, but I encountered two mudcrabs of 2 or 3 times the normal size in the wizard's grotto.
I found a poisoned apple in the chamber near door J (the one towards the top of the map). It was sitting in one of the stone ledges that usually have fires in them, so you may not see it if you are sneaking or short (yes, all you bosmer, we're talking about you). I'm playing on the Xbox so no third-party mods could be affecting this, and I don't find it very likely that it is the Shivering Isles expansion doing it. The-manta 12:32, 10 December 2008 (EST)
- Call me crazy, but perhaps that's why it says on the article under "Treasure" for Bravil Wizard's Grotto:
- The following ingredients will always be found: 1 Cairn Bolete Cap, 1 Poisoned Apple, 1 Dragon's Tongue, 3 Flax Seeds, 1 Ogre's Teeth, 3 Taproots, 1 Venison, and 1 Void Salts
- And maybe that's even why on Poisoned Apple under Ingredients it states that:
- 1 sample is in the Bravil Wizard's Grotto
- So what exactly are you suggesting needs to be changed/improved/altered about the articles? Because that is supposed to be the purpose of comments posted on talk pages: to discuss what edits need to be made to the article. --NepheleTalk 13:40, 10 December 2008 (EST)
- A yes, I apologise for that mistake, I suppose I did not really read through the article thoroughly enough and I admit that I did not think to look at the poisoned apple page. However, I do feel that your response, being reprimanding and sarcastic is actually contrary to the site's Guidelines on etiquette, which I am sure you, being such a well-respected editor are familiar with. Thank you for correcting me though. The-manta 13:22, 13 December 2008 (EST)
Does anybody else see a marker for Nenyond Twyll on the Bravil Wizard's Lair map in-game, or am I just special? I even tried starting a new game and disabling mods that changed that map in any way, but I still see it. --Robin Hood (Talk • E-mail • Contribs) 02:39, 12 April 2009 (EDT)
Paint brushes glitch
There is a note: # Alternatively, the floating paint brushes glitch can be used to climb over the tower's walls.. Are we sure about that? On my version of Oblivion the whole paint brush glitch is fixed so i can't test that, however when i went to that tower i noticed that the tower actually loads and is internal area. From inside the tower i jumped outside and it was like jumping outside a city - i landed on land i shouldn't be with glitched graphics etc, not the normal map. So i guess you can't enter from outside either cause the inside of the tower wouldn't be the same as if you used one of the two doors. Eth 12:23, 7 March 2010 (UTC)
- Good catch - that note was wrong. The interior of that tower is a separate "world space" so can't be accessed by glitching over the walls or using the console. I've removed the note. rpeh •T•C•E• 12:36, 7 March 2010 (UTC)
The Giant slaughterfish
I just had the beast manage to get through the hole in the bottom of the grotto (and subsequently eat me). It did look like it had gotten stuck in the wall for a bit, but it was hard to tell since you can hardly see anything. — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 05:30 on 26 April 2011
- try using a light spell (Eddie the head 05:37, 26 April 2011 (UTC))
- Sometimes, one-of-a-kind characters and creatures can get a bit buggy, particularly when processing speed is impeded or magic is involved. This fish is unique, meaning the developers probably didn't test it to intensively, so it can be expected to act a bit strangely. You didn't really specify your circumstances, but it sounds like it only occurred once. Try loading a savegame, and seeing if you can repeat the trouble. If a problem does persist, include a bit more information, and someone here will test to see if you have stumbled on a full-blown glitch.