Oblivion talk:Fathis Aren
I think it would be a wise idea to remove "he always wears a set of leveled heavy armor..." because the picture clearly shows he is wearing Burgundy Linens and while I was in Bravil he changed his armor in public. Battlemage22 10:58, 16 February 2009 (EST)
- When I saw him during the Arrow quest, he was wearing at least dwarven cuirass. — Unsigned comment by Dimon37 (talk • contribs) at 15:28 on 29 December 2009
I am on the XBox360 and for some reason every time I find Fathis Aren in the Bravil castle he attacks me and a guard comes in and I get a bounty equal to that of assaulting someone. Even when I block to try to get him to stop, he stops for a few seconds and goes back to attacking me. — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 17:41 on 30 July 2009
Had same on my PC. If he sees you during the quest, even if you run, when he meets you he attacks.
Some of the article mentions that he attacks you if you are on the Thieves Guild quest, and that he will have a high aggression during it. This seems to contradicts what I have experienced. The chest with the arrow for one is not owned, and he has never made any move to attack me. See the discussion page for details. --DKong27 Talk 22:49, 27 May 2010 (UTC)
I should go and practice.
Looked to see if there was a time that Fathis was away, turns out dues to errors he never is. My sneaking skill is too low, even camouflage won't help. So prehaps a invisibity potion. Still uspet those programers didn't pick this up, because it's stupid. Is there an easier way? 126.96.36.199 13:12, 3 August 2010 (UTC) Rat
- Actually there is. If you stand outside his door about 2pm, he'll slip into his armor and head towards the mages guild. Then you can poke around his room until he comes back at 5pm. Triaxx2 22:33, 29 August 2010 (UTC)
Help! I'm trapped in his castle room!
I'm doing the arrow extrication quest and used lockpicks to get into his room. I used up all my lockpicks auto attempting on the chests then some castle servant entered the room and saw me and I thought they would alert the castle guards but they didn't, instead the servant ran out of the room and reset the locks behind him so now I'm trapped in the room with no key or lockpick and both the secret passage and the door into the room are locked, so how can I get out of this? Since I am trespassing I can't wait until someone shows up, so I guess I just need to sit in a corner as the time slowly ticks by. Will Fathis ever enter the room? It sucks to be in this situation! --188.8.131.52 15:50, 11 February 2011 (UTC)
- Wow, that's some bad luck. I assume you're not playing on the pc, otherwise you can just use the console. I know that guards usually patrol the hallway, so your best bet is to run close to the door so they notice you, which mean you'll get arrested, but that will get you out of there. ~ Dwarfmp 16:48, 11 February 2011 (UTC)
- You're also out of luck on Fathis dropping by, as he spends the quest hanging out at his tower. Legoless 09:48, 8 May 2011 (UTC)
- My idea: attempt to incite an attack from anyone outside who has a key. Perhaps a wide-field fire/destruction spell, or and area of effect rally plus frenzy. The guards and the count can open the door, so if for some reason they see the need to enter, they will. Sometimes the guard on patrol can simply enter if he detects you by noise, which might be a simpler option. Simpler yet: try an autosave.
- Side note- on attempting to recreate this (pre-quest), to figure out escape routes, I went to Fathis's room. Here's where it gets wierd: When inside, a guard came in through the locked door, and Fathis attacked me with some frost spell. I went invisible, then after the guard opened the door, left, then closed it, Drels Theran came in and started attacking him. At first I heard swordblows, but looked at the door, and blood was splattering through it. The door opened, and Theran was whipping a dagger around. After 30 strikes, Theran won. I simply walked out at that point. Maybe this could help, but I would like to figure out what happened to cause this. — Unsigned comment by Neural Tempest (talk • contribs) at 12:50 on 8 May 2011
Don't kill him without him seeing
I know this seems pretty obvious after reading his page, but because he's Mages Guild, you will get kicked out for killing him before he attacks you, and it will start the dark brotherhood quest. Metricjester 06:18, 18 September 2011 (UTC)