i can't find Areldur
i can't find Areldur anywhere for the Knights of Nine gaunlets..it is sooo annoying can anyone please help me..i've looked all over for him. he is no where in the chapel and i've searched all around town but still can't find him. can anyone give me help pleaseeeee.220.127.116.11 14:58, 12 July 2008 (EDT)
possible glitch ?
once i accept areldur into the order whenever i ask him about the gaunlets of the crusader it comes up with the dialouge text but he dosent say a word im playing on a PAL ps3 game of the year edition does anyone else have this problem — Unsigned comment by Ryan6329 (talk • contribs)
- i have the exact same problem im on the ps3 game of the year edition — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk)
- Same problem on the PC GotY edition. Subtitles say "Of course you were the one to lift the Gauntlets of the Crusader where all of us failed." (roughly) but no sound accompaniment and Sir Areldur's mouth doesn't move. --22.214.171.124 22:22, 5 February 2010 (UTC)
Isn't there another altmer named Areldur? the one that hangs out in the Waterfront? wears Blue Outfit and has the Mahogany colored 'Mane' hair? — Unsigned comment by Lucky the Cat Guy (talk • contribs) on 6 August 2008
- I think you mean Areldil. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 01:42, 6 August 2008 (EDT)
I'm going to make two points:
- The factions listed in the userbox are the ones with which Areldur starts the game.
- He is added to the KotN faction after Stendarr's Mercy is completed.
Imperial Prison Appearance?
(taken from the main page)
- He was seen at outside the imperial prison unknown when or why or for how long.
Have anybody experienced this? And if yes, when and why? --Krusty 16:39, 29 September 2009 (UTC)
Well it only happened to me once when I was arrested and sent to jail in Bruma. He appeared outside the castle but I have no idea why it happened. BlackYoshi 18:39, 18 October 2009 (UTC)
- There is a known glitch where NPCs appear outside of prisons when the player leaves after serving time. I'm not sure if Areldur is affected by this glitch, Kvaener 21:29, 8 February 2010 (UTC)
- (moved from the article)
- There is a potential glitch in which Areldur disappears from game and breaks the Knights of the Nine quest. Short of console commands on the PC, there is no known fix for this issue.
- NPCs don't just vanish. This is probably a one-off problem - especially as nobody else has ever reported it. rpeh •T•C•E• 14:36, 9 February 2010 (UTC)
- I had the same issue, so I hit Kellen with my mace!!! when I paid the gold to not go to jail, there he was! Areldur!!! 126.96.36.199
I found him and Valus Odiil following the incarceration part of Two Sides of the Coin just outside the castle and fast traveled to the Chapel of Stendarr to verify he's returned. Checked the entire Chapel and set Wait for 8 hours then find him and Odiil back where they should be. I've yet to start Stendarr's Mercy or The Killing Field. Soulrider (talk) 22:59, 21 August 2015 (UTC)
I too cannot find Areldur at all! :( I have got so far in the game and my level is very high and im not willing to start again! Has anyone experienced this? I have tried looking for him all over Cyrodil and used spells to look for him like Detect Life :/ — Unsigned comment by Mooresy (talk • contribs)
- Yes, after a quick trawl through various forums it seems to be a known bug, thre are three people on this pae alone that have reported it. Perhaps you could try uninstalling and then reinstalling Knights of the Nine? Jadrax 11:44, 25 June 2010 (UTC)
Possible Areldur Bug Fix
As somebody said earlier, hitting Kellen fixed the bug. I was experiencing this problem so I gave it a try. It seems to have worked! After I hit Kellen and went outside and paid my fines, I went back to the Chapel in search for Areldur. I went inside, looked around, and then went back outside and there he was.
I wish hitting Kellen upside the head could solve all Oblivion glitches ;P
Going to jail seems to be the solution here. There are typically three people that seem to show up every time you go to jail (after a certain fighter's guild quest - granted they live). I simply pickpocketed a guard and, after serving my time, I see Areldur making his way back to the church.
I believe the reason he disappears is that you (and I) went to jail after starting the Knights of the Nine quest line and so he was teleported to another town - and he is either slow to make his way back or he can't without your presence. Either way, jail seems to work. — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk)
- dealing with the guards doesn't work for me, Uninstalling the Knights expansion from my xbox hard drive and loading the game, then saving, then reinstalling worked for me, but i lost all quest data... — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 21:44 on 22 January 2012
after finnishing the mission to get the crusaders armor i went up to him and talked to him i asked him to follow me. then later i went to talk to him all it said was rumors i can not tell him to go away. i need how to get rid of him. — Unsigned comment by Angus666 (talk • contribs) at 04:21 on April 22, 2011
- See this section on KotN bugs. If you're on the console, there's not much you can do to get rid of him. Legoless 15:36, 22 April 2011 (UTC)
- What about an abyss? Datacaust 17:05, 22 April 2011 (UTC)
- I think the abyss trick was disproven on the forums. Legoless 17:20, 22 April 2011 (UTC)