Oblivion talk:A Kiss Before Dying
how dumb , at my version of the game.. the thing about that the guards will not interfere didn't work. So everyone from the city started killing him! it was very funny when i took the 40 steel arrows out of him :)
- The same thing happened to me, I went out after 6pm and there was this commotion with all the townspeople attacking him, and the guards too- who were the ones that ended him. Sadly I couldn't put on the Gray Fox cowl so I got the infamy and had to reload.
- The guards won't interfere if it's just between the player and Ungolim, but if the player has a high fame/personality and low infamy or has bribed one of them, townspeople will attack Ungolim when he attacks the player. As soon as he starts fighting townspeople the guards will get involved. Kivan 15:29, 22 May 2008 (EDT)
- I think it's high personality only. I have personality of 110 and infamy of 50 (which I'm assuming is not 'low') and the townspeople swarmed him the second he attacked me. 220.127.116.11 22:29, 13 January 2011 (UTC)
It's stated that if you climb the building next to the Fighter's Guild, he won't see you, but that isn't true. Even if you hide behind the chimney, he will still start shooting at you with his bow. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) on 1 March 2009
- Yeah, fair point. It depends on far too many other factors. I've removed that note. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 13:26, 1 March 2009 (EST)
- I was able to remain hidden for hours, but suddenly, after I hadnt moved for at lease 2 hours in-game time, he put out his torched and shot at me. I'm not sure what caused it, but I did stay hidden rather well for 8+ hours. Shadowrose6663 23:56, 22 May 2011 (UTC)
Drop dead #7 glitch
- (Following moved here from Oblivion:Glitches/Proposed)
I was doing the dark brotherhood quests for Lucien Lachance, and the game glitched when I killed the listener. Lucien Lachance approached me, but didn't say anything. I couldn't move or say anything. I thought loading a previous game would fix the problem, but it did the same exact thing. Anyone know how to fix that?
sorry this is a bit late but i know how to fix it! all you need to do is go to somewhere like bruma and wait for atlest 5 days then go to bravil and kill the listener he will talk to you now! hope this helps:P
i 3 hit this guy by standing on the roof and sneak attacking him but now im stuck on the roof???? and dont have anything to load on my xbox 360 — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on 21 June 2009
- How are you stuck? Do you die whenever you jump off? Just try to find progressively lower buildings to jump on or try to land on parts of the buildings that are sticking out. Also, trying going the way you came up. --Mr. Oblivion(T-C) 23:19, 21 June 2009 (EDT)
A changed Lucien?
When Lucien approaches you at the end of this quest, his rumors line is different from usual. Anybody know why? --Zet X Hikari 00:08, 19 June 2010 (UTC)
- Do you mean the line about Archery and Water Walking? I noticed that today too, and I don't think I've heard a character besides Lucien say it. AFREAKINvampire 01:34, 19 June 2010 (UTC)
- You and Lucien are in the crux of a crisis, his life is under threat. You think he's going to revert to the same ol' smarmy response he usually makes? The reply he makes when you ask him about Rumours at this point should be something to the effect of "We don't have time for this!" If the reply is anything else, I can only assume it is a glitch or the result of a mod/plug-in (The Knights of the Nine tends to ruin Lucien's default reply under normal circumstances).— Dark Spark 15:52, 19 June 2010 (UTC)
Bug not entirely correct
The note under "Bugs" about Lucien not being able to find the player when under 100% Chameleon is not correct, at least not on Xbox 360 with the latest patch. I shot Ungolim from 20 feet away with an arrow while under 100% Chameleon, and Lucien found me just fine. The issue must be standing where he can reach you, not whether you're invisible.126.96.36.199 19:13, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
- This is also true on the PC. I generally get into my 100% Chameleon gear before entering the city, shoot Ungolim as soon as he appears, and talk to Lucien without the slightest problem. This bug entry needs to be changed. -- Wordmama 02:46, 23 November 2010 (UTC)
Killing Ungolim without even looking at him
I quicksaved after sleeping in Silverhome. I slept for 14 hours till 12:11 am. Attempted to kill Ungolim and failed, so loaded the quicksave in Silverhome 2nd floor, then i recieve the message "Ungolim is now dead etc." and Lucien makes his appearence. Weird stuff.--188.8.131.52 16:08, 25 July 2011 (UTC)