Morrowind talk:Alchemy Apparatus
...and where to find them.
I arrived here by link from Morrowind:Alchemy which read "List of the tools used for alchemy, and where to find them." However, there doesn't seem to be anything on this page to elaborate the latter point. Except, possibly, the IDs for use in cheat codes. Am I missing something? 220.127.116.11 12:32, 18 April 2009 (EDT)
- You should see a series of "Show" links on the page. Click those and you'll get a list of locations for each type. I'm not sure why it was done like this, but that's what you have to do. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 12:56, 18 April 2009 (EDT)
Accepted form? (Apparatus)
I hate to be nit-picky, but it seems as though the site is using the incorrect form for the plural of an alchemical apparatus at least in my dictionary. According to Webster's Fourth Edition (copyright 2001), the plural of apparatus is apparatuses but the site actively uses the singular form in both cases. Like I said, it's nit-picky and seems to be a fairly common use throughout the site, so a campaign to fix such a minor issue might be an inefficient use of manpower. I just figuered I'd let everyone know and see if there was some previous agreement I was unaware of. Dlarsh 03:24, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
- Either "apparatus" or "apparatuses" is correct as a plural (dictionary.com). –Rpeh•T•C•E• 07:07, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
What effects do skooma pipes have on potion making? Legoless 22:09, 28 November 2009 (UTC)
- As far as I know it only serves as an Alembic, and a bad quality one at that as well, if I might add. --Timenn-<talk> 17:00, 8 December 2009 (UTC)
Tsiya's Skooma Pipe
So, I found some guy's body near Caldera; he had "Tsiya's Skooma Pipe" on him, as well as a Note from Ernil that said as follows:
Here's your stuff. Sorry I couldn't stay and chat with you, but it's not always a good idea for me to hang around, you know?
Does this have a quest associated with it, or something? Or is it just random setting-enrichment? Kierkkadon 03:15, 19 September 2010 (UTC)
- The note mentions Tsiya, who is a Khajiit living in nearby Balmora. You could give her the pipe back, perhaps? rpeh •T•C•E• 05:54, 19 September 2010 (UTC)
- Gah! Thank you, I feel really silly now. Kierkkadon 19:50, 19 September 2010 (UTC)
One possible reason is that the full name of the "SecretMaster's Mortar and Pestl" overflows the maximum length allowable for a name even without the space in "Secret Master's", causing the 'e' to be dropped off, and it was easier to remove the equipment than fix the problem.
Does this not strike anyone else as "bull"? They removed a class of equipment because one of the items name was too long by 2 spaces? This is ridiculous speculation, and logically makes absolutely no sense at all.--Catmaniac66 05:50, 17 May 2011 (UTC)
From the article:
- "Alembics decrease the magnitude and duration of all negative ingredient effects, as well as the weight of the resultant potion."
Can someone confirm this? I tried using different alembics and I keep getting the same weight (average of weight of all the ingredients). -- Kertaw48 (talk) 00:05, 2 December 2016 (UTC)
P.S. This information seems to have come from the article about Alchemy, when an anon edited the article in 2013. -- Kertaw48 (talk) 00:21, 2 December 2016 (UTC)