The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
This page provides all the basic preview information about Morrowind at a quick glance as well as giving links to the best sites for more information.
- Title: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (sequel to The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall)
- Genre: Computer Role Playing Game (CRPG)
- Produced by: Bethesda Softworks
- Released: May 2002
- Format: 1st Person Perspective (3rd Person as well)
- Display: 3D, designed for high end T&L 3D cards at end of 2001 (GEForce3 is typically mentioned)
- System Requirements: Win ME/98 (128 MB RAM), Win XP/2000 (256 MB RAM), 500 MHz Intel Pentium III, Celeron, or AMD Athlon processor, 8x CD/DVD-ROM Drive, 1 GB free hard disk space, Windows swapfile, DirectX 8.1 (included), 32MB Direct3D Compatible video card and DirectX 8.1 compatible driver, DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card, Keyboard, Mouse.
- Recommended System: 800 MHz or faster Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon processor, 256 MB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS, or ATI Radeon 7500 or faster video card.
- Gameplay: Complete open end system allows you to do whatever you wish. Follow the main quest or many side quests, join and advance in guilds or just explore the land.
- Editor: The game comes with the Elder Scrolls Construction Set which is the same game editor that the developers used to create most of the game. The editor is easy to learn and uses drag-and-drop techniques to allow easy creation of mods.
- Please note that the official site is no longer active. The links have been preserved for posterity.
- Graphics: Concept Art and many Screenshots have been released.
- Sound: 2 music files can be found at the Official Site.
- Movies: 7 Movies can be found at the Official Site.
- Demo: No demo yet released and there are currently no plans to release one.
- Forum: Check out the official Morrowind Forum.
- Website: www.elderscrolls.com has preview information, links and an official forum.
- FAQ: There has only been a short official FAQ released for Morrowind so far.
- Previews: Many previews of the game have been written by game magazines (both online and print). Check the official site for the latest.