|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Talk to Master Aryon in the Upper Tower in Tel Vos for chores.
- Travel to Odirniran to help Milyn Faram defend his home from House Hlaalu.
- Kill all Hlaalu invaders, including their leader, Remasa Othril.
- Talk to Faram about his research to receive seven Milyn Faram's Scrolls.
- Return to Aryon to complete the quest.
Councilor Aryon in the Upper Tower of Tel Vos will ask you to go and help defend the home of necromancer Milyn Faram who is being attacked by House Hlaalu.
Stopping a Hlaalu Invasion
Milyn lives in Odirniran which is east of Molag Mar and south of the Dwemer ruins of Nchurdamz. Take care of all the Hlaalu that are just inside the entrance and speak with Faram (don't kill Vedelea Othril, she's a prisoner). He will ask you to be sure and kill the leader of the force, Remasa Othril, if you didn't take care of her on the way in. Once you've killed Othril, speak to Faram again, who will thank you and offer to tell you a little about his research. If you stay and listen to what he has to say, you'll receive seven Milyn Faram's Scrolls as well as a journal entry.
Return to Aryon to complete the quest. If you listened to Milyn Faram, Aryon will give you a Silver Staff of Hunger and a copy of Incident in Necrom, an Illusion skill book, as a reward. If you didn't listen to Milyn or you killed him, you will only receive the reputation and disposition increase.
- If you are in both Hlaalu and Telvanni via the glitch you will not be expelled when you kill the intruders.
- It is not necessary to kill all the Hlaalu invaders, only Remasa Othril.
- If you kill Vedelea Othril, you will not get the reward and Milyn's disposition will drop by 10.
- When you say you'll listen, Milyn may give incorrect dialogue, skipping the scroll reward and also the journal entry that would have made Aryon give the staff and book. You may also suffer a 10 point disposition drop with him.
- This bug is fixed by the Morrowind Patch Project.
- It can also be fixed from the console by typing
player->additem "silver staff of hunger" 1 and
player->additem bookskill_illusion3 1.
- To get Milyn's scrolls and the journal entry, use the console commands
player->additem sc_summondaedroth_hto 7 and
setjournalindex, "HT_Odirniran", 60.
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
||Master Aryon asked me to help Milyn Faram who is being attacked by Hlaalu in Odirniran. I should find Milyn Faram first to find out how many Hlaalu there are.
||Milyn Faram told me to kill Remasa Othril, but to leave Vedelea Othril alone.
||Milyn Faram thanked me for killing Remasa Othril in Odirniran.
||Milyn Faram shared some of his theories with me and gave me some summoning scrolls.
||Master Aryon thanked me for ending the siege of Odirniran.