Article in incorrect namespace?
According to the prefix index, this article is in the main namespace listed as "Daggerfall:Hints". This page is also listed under the Daggerfall namespace under "Hints". Editors and administrators alike have tried to toggle the page's status by deleting it, moving it around, and neither have worked successfully. Since this is not causing anything but cosmetic problems for the prefix index, let's just leave this page alone until Daveh can figure out what's wrong. --Aristeo 21:16, 20 September 2006 (EDT)
- I happened to come across an explanation for this problem and how to fix it on mediawiki. I figured I'd add a link here in case we ever want to fix this. --Nephele 00:23, 10 January 2007 (EST)
- 18 months later, problem has been fixed :) There used to be two files named "Daggerfall:Hints" -- one in the main namespace and one in the Daggerfall namespace. I was able to rename the main namespace one to "Daggerfall-Hints". Which revealed that the problem file plaguing us for three years was a test file, created by the user "Test" on Feb 8 2005. The entire text of which was "Testing hints page" (it was created back when Daveh was first setting up and experimenting with the wiki). I speedy-deleted the problem file. End result: we now have only one file identified as "Daggerfall:Hints". --NepheleTalk 17:28, 12 June 2008 (EDT)
This is a mess
The subject matter here is all over the place. As I try to clean up other sections, I will probably do some copy and paste work utilizing some of it. But completely revamping this section might be hopeless given my limited amount of time that I can spare to this wiki.
- Yep, it's a mess ;)
- I've done a few formatting tweaks. In particular, the inns have now been stuffed into a table so they take up less space on the page. And the table of contents now only lists the main sections so it's not swamped with sub-sub-sections. But given that I haven't played Daggerfall, formatting is really all I can help with.
- What's been done with a couple of other pages that started out as "Hints" pages is that they were morphed into FAQs pages (e.g., Oblivion:FAQs, Shivering:FAQs). Not that a name change really helps you too much. But perhaps some of the other ideas that have been (somewhat) used on those pages will help. The focus has been on trying to move the content wherever possible into more specific articles (perhaps tying into your idea of copy-and-paste use of the content), and then turn the main Hints/FAQs page into brief summaries that contain as many links as possible to related articles. So the page becomes more like another portal to the Daggerfall namespace, pointing readers to information that might not be easy to find from the main Daggerfall page.
- Not that I'm suggesting you need to try to take on all or even part of this! But if, while you're working on other articles, you notice sections from the Hints that fit in elsewhere, I'd say you should feel free to move the content, and replace that section with a link to the new location. --NepheleTalk 00:48, 18 February 2008 (EST)
- For the "Easy Money and Experience Method" it seems to me that if there was a page listing all of the inns in Daggerfall, then you could just put a list here of the inns this doesn't work at, and the length of this section would be significantly reduced. The page Daggerfall:Tavern doesn't seem to have anything like this...forgive me if I'm missing something with the redesign, I'm new. :) --Llareian 14:29, 22 July 2011 (UTC)
I do not believe I have ever done this, and at present it is quite impossible for me to explore this on my own. What is a
Distorted Towns? -- Uniblab 15:40, 13 October 2010 (UTC)
- It seems clear to me, but that might be because I know what it is. Basically, the ground in the town will not be flat. It will have the ditches and mounds normally only found in the wilderness. -- DelphiSnake 13:46, 14 October 2010 (UTC)
- What is the point of having this on the Hints page? It seems more like a glitch, or even a cheat. --HunterZ 05:34, 15 December 2011 (UTC)
So here is what I want\need for my sand box that any of you can help on: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/User:Wolfy%5CSandbox
- Get rid of the boxes, as this takes up to much room and list way to many inns
- just at first look it seems like it works with any inn that has a footlocker but I'm not sure if so that will free up space
- get rid of this, maybe make another page.
- get rid of this, it holds no value to the topic, may make another page for it, or section, but a whole new start is needed if so.
- Seems unneeded, at least in this page.
- http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Hints#A_Secret_Dungeon This is just a... I don't even know.
- If its part of the main quest its not a secret Dungeon, if its a glitch to get there,it should be mention on said quest page not here
- this should go in to Exploring dungeons, which IMO should be its own section of this page as a few others can go in to it, just making this page a LOT more cleaner then it is
- this should be in bugs page and rewrote
- this is way to long and I'm unsure what to do about it
and last but not least a source for the The (In)Famous Beginner's Guide to Daggerfall by Mark Stinson for a start on the sourcing his claims.
Those are just SOME of the problems, the main thing is
- its all in first person
- it is over 18 freaking pages long
I do want to point out it's well writing grammar wise and spelling but other then that its bad Any ideas\tips\advice? Wolfy 22:03, 20 May 2011 (UTC)
- Might the furniture store section (with a major rewrite) go in the article Daggerfall:Store/Item_Locations? --Llareian 14:34, 22 July 2011 (UTC)
Bugs to Avoid: The void and levitating needing verification
This is true and used to be a very well known and exploited 'feature' of the game known as 'void ranging.' If a player enters the void without levitation, they will fall. -- DelphiSnake 10:19, 15 November 2011 (UTC)