Daggerfall:The Rite of Acceptance
- Become a vampire, then receive a letter.
- Travel to the dungeon mentioned in the letter.
- Find and destroy the vampire within.
- Meet with the vampire NPC mentioned in the letter within the time limit to collect your reward.
A Mysterious Letter
Once you have turned into a vampire you will receive a letter:
- Dear (player's name),
- For some time, we have watched you. In fact,
- we have watched you since you received the unholy
- blessing of vampirism. You have had your odd
- and awkward moments, but we are not displeased
- with the vampire you have become.
- The time has come for you to learn of your
- heritage, the proud lineage of (bloodline),
- the greatest of the vampiric bloodlines. To
- prove your allegiance, however, we require a
- There is a haunt nearby where lodges a
- member of a lesser bloodline. Go to the place
- called (dungeon), and slay (vampire's name),
- this foul insult to our race. When the deed
- is completed, come to (building) in
- (town) and find me. I am instantly
- recognizable: look for a (vampire NPC's description).
- I will wait for (time limit) days,
- (player's first name). After that time, I will leave.
- I hope we do not miss one another.
- (Vampire NPC's name)
This quest is a standard dungeon crawl. Travel to the dungeon, which will be in the region where you received the letter. Once inside, find the vampire and kill it. There may be multiple vampires within, but when the target dies, you receive a notification:
- You have slain the vampire (vampire's name).
Once the job is done, head to the town mentioned in the letter and meet the vampire who gave you the quest.
Joining the Family
Speak to the vampire after completing your mission and be told:
- "Excellent, (player's first name). You'll make a fine member of (bloodline). Welcome to the family. I am known as (vampire NPC's name). (Bloodline) will continue to watch your progress, and we may contact you from time to time on family business. Here is a ring that marks you as one of us."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered.)
The Vampire Bloodline will always be the dominant bloodline of the region were the quest takes places.
- Random Dungeon Monsters
- Quest Target: One Vampire
- This quest may not be the first vampire quest you receive after turning into a vampire.[verification needed — see ]
- You can get this quest more than once.
- You will only receive this quest when in regions where your bloodline is dominant.
If you ask an NPC about your vampire contact, you may hear:
- "That (vampire NPC's description) is a mentor of the vampiric bloodline, (bloodline)."
- "(Vampire NPC's description) is a proud and capable member of (bloodline) bloodline."
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "They say (dungeon) is inhabited again by someone or something."
- "There's some weird (vampire NPC's description) over at (building)."
After the quest is completed, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Thank (random god) that weird (vampire NPC's description) left (building)."
After successfully completing the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "It seems that (dungeon) has been abandoned once again."
When you ask about the vampire NPC, NPCs will say one of the following:
- "(Vampire NPC's name)? Never heard of (him/her). Does (he/she) live around here?
|The Rite of Acceptance (p0a01l00)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||Date: I received a letter from a member of my "family." I have been told to slay a "member of a lesser bloodline," presumably not one of (bloodline), in a place called (dungeon). Then I am to go to (town) to (building) and see a (vampire NPC's description) by the name of (vampire NPC's name) before (he/she) leaves in (time limit) days.|